Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1124 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Mar 13, 2011 6:38 AM by rengb6
readyDes Rookie 2 posts since
Dec 28, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 12, 2011 7:45 PM

C25K do-over

Hi Just wondering how common it is to get near the end of the program and not complete it. Im soooo disappointed. I got through week 7 and ended up with some weird pain in my R glute and hamstring. Thought it may be a muscle strain or sciatica. I took a few days off ,tried again and the same pain. After a few more days off it was even harder to start again. I tried walking on my days off but even that was too painful. I had never been a runner and the fact that I was running 2.5 miles in 30 mins was a major accomplishment for me. I really hope...no, plan to get back to it again. Just wanted to hear from anyone else that was in this situation. Thanks

• rengb6 Amateur 12 posts since
    Jul 31, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Mar 13, 2011 6:38 AM (in response to readyDes)
    Re: C25K do-over

I never got injured, and I'm sorry to hear about your injury, but this is my 3rd attempt at completing the C25K program. I quit the first time because I went on vacation and life got into the way when I got back and started a new semester at college. That first time I got to W5D1 but never ran it. I'll admit that the 25 minute run also intiminated me so I kept putting off week 5. The second attempt was outside just as the real winter weather started hitting the East Coast. I started over and finished week 2 and then couldn't stand the cold anymore (that was in December). Finally, 3 weeks ago I weighed myself and although I'm not overweight I was suprised by the numbers, I was almost at my heaviest weight ever so I randomly decided to do W5D1 out of the blue. I suprised myself by completing it without having any breathing problems and decided that I'd continue. Today I'm doing W8D1 and have no plans on quiting this time!

I would say to go ahead and take the rest that you need. You dont want to make the injury worse. Visit the doctor and dont worry about the program until you feel better. Then jusmp into whatever week you feel comfortable at.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points