Skip navigation

8761 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 1, 2011 7:41 AM by CarlaS RSS
cabarruscountyclash Rookie 1 posts since
Oct 29, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 8, 2011 8:18 PM

Same email address for registration

It is very frustrating that we can not have multiple players registered with the same email.  We have multiple siblings that use their parents email.  B/C of this we were unable to upload 33% of our players.  This makes the site very difficult for us to use for our league!!!

Jeff Copeland

• Bob__1630 Rookie 6 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    1. Feb 10, 2011 4:21 AM (in response to cabarruscountyclash)
    Re: Same email address for registration

I appoligize for squeezing in on this post, but it was a great lead in to my frustration as well. The group e-mail function also takes the first name of the person the e-mail address is assigned to and adds it to the beginning of the e-mail greeting.  Many families just use one e-mail address (usually parents) to receive information. Additionally, they may have 2 or more siblings and/or you may want the e-mail to go to the parents.

As with the above problem with multiple family member uploads using the same e-mail address, it is very frustrating.

Is there any know workarounds to aide us with these two functions?  I understand there was some legal reasons to not allow multiple names attached to e-mail addresses, but it makes the player upload function unusable.

• Amy_eteamz_support Active.com Staff 1,420 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    2. Feb 28, 2011 11:08 AM (in response to Bob__1630)

Hi there,

As mentioned in a previous post, our developers will soon be 'revamping' the entire members' folder to make room for more than one e-mail and more than one phone number.  But until then, what you could do is add the member multiple times (slightly different version of the name) with a different phone/email for each. You'll just want to make note of which account you're using to assign the member to the roster then for adding stats and so on.   Say that you have Joe Jones.   You would add Joe Jones with one email - this would be the account you assign to the roster. Then, add J Jones with another email and phone number. Then, add J Jones1 with another email and phone. Or, you could add him as "Joe Joes" then "Joe Jones Work" and "Joe Jones Personal."   You get the idea.

If you're adding 3 emails, one for the player and 2 parents then I would add (and most admins do so) each member individually.   They don't necessarily need to become a registered member.   You just want to add them so you have their info on file.

• CarlaS Amateur 16 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    3. Mar 1, 2011 7:41 AM (in response to Amy_eteamz_support)

I just want to slip in here and also say that I HATE the one email/one person policy here. 

We have many families with multiple children that only use one email for the family because they feel that the kids are too young for an email.  When I tell them they need to "just create a free one for the eteamz stuff", they think I am crazy.  We are registering kids as young as 4 years old for little league baseball.  Why do they need an email address, even one that is "made up for free"??

Please, please, please rethink this policy!  It has cost us no end of aggravation over the last few years since you implemented it!  Please go back to a username independent of email.

Merritt Island Little League

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...