Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1352 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 17, 2011 11:51 AM by jtmangels
stephenson4 Rookie 1 posts since
Aug 14, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 15, 2011 1:35 PM

why even have the beta calendar if it does not work!

This beta calendar does nothing do not waste time entering info. Does not transfer to your website!

• rkroetz Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 9, 2011

Does anyone have a fix for this?

• ActiveHeidi Amateur 15 posts since
    Mar 27, 2008
    2. Mar 16, 2011 11:06 AM (in response to rkroetz)
    Re: why even have the beta calendar if it does not work!

Hi Stephenson,

Can you please provide information on what exactly is not working for you on the Beta Calendar?  We're consistently working on it, so would like to ensure that we can address any issues that you are seeing.

Thanks!

• rkroetz Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 9, 2011

Not sure if this is Stephens problem, but, I filled out the Beta Calendar and none of the events show up on the public site calendar.

• jtmangels Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    4. Mar 17, 2011 11:51 AM (in response to rkroetz)
    Re: why even have the beta calendar if it does not work!

Here are a couple of bugs with the beta calendar that I've discovered:

1) Recurring events don't schedule properly. As an example, if I schedule an event to begin Tuesday 6/21/11, 0900 to 1500 and then set recurring options to Daily every 1 day until Friday 6/24/11 the calendar will schedule it out until Saturday 6/25/11. If I schedule it to end 6/23 (a day earlier than it's supposed to end) then the calendar will schedule it properly.

2) When scheduling a recurring event the event times are correct for the first instance but the remaining instances contain incorrect times. I scheduled a monthly recurring event starting in March from 7pm-8:30pm and it shows as 12pm-8am from April on. I also noticed that the recurrence settings did not save correctly when the event was initially created. Instead of every 3rd Wed it saved the last Sunday or something goofy like that?! I went back and edited the event, configured the recurrence settings correctly and re-saved and it seemed to hold the second time.

3) Just today I noticed that it won't let me delete any scheduled events. I click the 'Delete' button and get the confirmation popup but the events don't ever get removed from the calendar.

These are more wish list than bugs:

1) When scheduling an event it would be nice if I could attach a DOC/PDF file to the scheduled event. Many of our offseason events (camps, volunteer training, etc) are put together and communicated in flier format and it would be much easier and faster to just link to that file. If this can't be done then maybe you could enhance the 'Details' field so that we can create hyperlinks to these documents.

2) Would it be possible to show the start and/or end times of an event when in monthly view, or make this a configurable option? I know when you hover over the event this information is displayed in a callout but visitors will not necessarily realize that. I know space is tight but the old calendar used to display this and it was very helpful.

Thanks!

• Active_Chanson Expert 8 posts since
    Nov 23, 2007

rkroetz and stephenson4,

Thank you for your posts. First, please make sure your Beta Calendar is set to display on your site by going to My Site Design >Page Access on your eteamz admin site. Make sure the dropdown next to Beta Calendar is saved as Open to All.

Please note, any changes in the Beta Calendar on the admin site should be reflected on your eteamz site in the Beta Calendar, not in the standard eteamz Calendar. These are two separate calendars ? data from the existing eteamz calendar has not yet been migrated to the new Beta Calendar.

If you are still not able to see events flow through to your Beta Calendar on your site, make sure the specific calendar is set to display events on your site. To do this, go to your eteamz admin and click Calendar>Beta Calendar. Click the edit icon on the calendar you are working on. Make sure the checkbox next to ?Display events in this calendar on my site? is checked.

If you have any questions, please contact our support department: http://www.eteamz.com/customersupport.cfm

Thank you,

Christina 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...