Skip navigation

1496 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 23, 2011 11:25 AM by luvbball51 RSS
BeatTheBest Amateur 20 posts since
Mar 21, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 22, 2011 2:26 PM

How many shots to make 9/10?

Hey everyone. Ok, so I'm a 5'9" center and I'm almost 14 years old. I've been practicing purely on my shooting for at least a month now, and no I don't take shot out of my range (Behind free throw), my farthest shots are free-throws, but most of them are close to the basket. And so I was wondering about how many shots does it take from ONE certain spot to be able to make 9/10 shots from that exact spot? 300, 400, 500? Right now I'm a 60% shooter close to the basket (8 ft+)  and an 70% free throw shooter... Any help is welcome! Thanks!

• luvbball51 Amateur 11 posts since
    Mar 22, 2011
    1. Mar 22, 2011 6:57 PM (in response to BeatTheBest)
    Re: How many shots to make 9/10?

There isn't really an exact number because it depends on how many you can make out of 100, 50, etc. It also depends on your previous chance of making a shot. It's important to keep track of how many you shoot and how many you make. And keep practicing. A lot. I've been playing basketball for three seasons and have a 85 percent chance of making a shot inside the three line. Good luck. I hope this helps, my coach answered this question for me last season, so I have somewhat of a answer.

• 23AirJordan Legend 607 posts since
    Mar 20, 2011
    2. Mar 22, 2011 7:12 PM (in response to luvbball51)
    Re: How many shots to make 9/10?

What I do is take multiple shots from everywhere on the court. I've been playing Bball for three seasons now and my goal is to make our school's seventh grade team next year. I just keep shooting everywhere on the court and it helps me get better and faster. Also you should try to work on your catch and shoot. What I do is fling the ball to myself and catch it and shoot it as fast as I can and it helps improve my catch and shoot. Hope this can help you.

"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."-Michael Jordan

• luvbball51 Amateur 11 posts since
    Mar 22, 2011
    4. Mar 23, 2011 11:25 AM (in response to BeatTheBest)
    Re: Post Reply to 'Re: How many shots to make 9/10?

ya, its important to record your shots

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points