Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

5161 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Mar 30, 2011 4:04 PM by wallaceshelly RSS
christine94 Expert 56 posts since
Sep 23, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Mar 24, 2011 10:44 AM

How do you handle wet socks on a long run?

I have a half marathon i'll be running on Saturday.  The weather forecast is for rain during the entire 13.1 mile run.   I've been incredibly blessed and never had to deal with rain during an entire race event before.

So this brings up the question, How do I deal with wet socks while i'm running?  I don't want to get monster blisters because my socks were drenched.  On the race course there is not a lot of area's for spectators to be to cheer anyone on so getting some fresh ones from my husband might be a bit difficult.

I know after it's over i'll have dry clothes waiting for me, just wondering if body glide on my feet would help ease or eliminate the possible blister issue.

Curious what your thoughts are on this.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...