Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

37783 Views 200 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2011 10:08 AM by Sarah N1 RSS Go to original post 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next
  • notacouchpotatoe Rookie 3 posts since
    Mar 23, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    195. Apr 3, 2011 4:39 PM (in response to hpeteachny)
    Re: C25K starting Monday, Feb. 28th...

Good work everyone! I'm up to W6D3, and it's all running from here! A bit nervous about that, I may have to drop the pace a fair bit to get the distances, but I'm determined to do it

• camcat82 Pro 67 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    196. Apr 3, 2011 8:14 PM (in response to gem66)

Good to hear people are still going well.

I was due to restart today but it's a no go for now. My thigh/hip that I was having the problems with is feeling pretty good but i'm unwell now. Awful cough/congested chest so off to the Dr again and hoping it'll clear soon so I can get going again

Busy mum, but loving it

My blog - www.runningbeginners.net

- Every day I'm reminded that perfection doesn't exist, and to strive for perfection will only defeat you. I want to be better than I was today and not as good as I'll be tomorrow -

First race entered 4.5K on May 22nd - looking forward to it!

Currently doing C25K - W4D2 completed

• hpeteachny Amateur 19 posts since
    Feb 26, 2011
    197. Apr 6, 2011 4:43 AM (in response to gem66)

Week 6 Day 3 done.

Didn't run nearly as far as I have in the past however I completed the run.  Hope everyone else is doing well.

Keep up the excellent work.

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the  years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it  always comes back to where it started. It comes down to  self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement."
    - Steve Prefontaine

• drbojangles Pro 110 posts since
    Mar 7, 2011
    198. Apr 6, 2011 6:14 AM (in response to hpeteachny)

Awesome, well done! How did you find it after D2? I'm due for W6 D3 tomorrow but I think I'm probably going to have an extra day's rest before I do it. Did D2 yesterday on top of legs and back that were already sore from the previous day's horseriding, and today my inner thighs are REALLY sore and I think I'd like to give my leg muscles an extra day of recovery so they're not too tired for a 25 minute run!

• hpeteachny Amateur 19 posts since
    Feb 26, 2011
    199. Apr 6, 2011 6:50 AM (in response to drbojangles)

I had a tough time with w6 d2.  It took me two tries to do it.  I did it on Sunday and couldn't finish from fatique and cramps so I did it again on Monday.  So I took an extra day.  Todays run came a little easier but I cut my stride down which in turn cut my distance down.  I am trying to concern myself more with the running for the time but the distance is looming because I have a 5k run in 26 days.

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the  years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it  always comes back to where it started. It comes down to  self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement."
    - Steve Prefontaine

• Sarah N1 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 18, 2009
    200. Apr 6, 2011 10:08 AM (in response to gem66)

Glad to find this group.  A little about myself . . . I started running in 2009 after joining weight watchers.  I did their 5k challenge and was running/walking the 5k.  Last year I did the 5k again with weight watchers running most of it and finishing just under 35 min.  Decided to do a 10k in Aug '10 and finished 1:17:42.  Then did half marathon in November 2:35:27.

I enjoyed all of the races and training and was so excited to have done a half!  But at the end of the half was having sore ankles and ever since occassional knee problems.  I backed off of running some and did cross training and then decided to do C25k to ease back into running.  I think I keep overdoing and going to fast.  My knee keeps hurting though I'm icing and resting in between.  Going to see sports medicine dr. in couple weeks to get some advice.

So I'm at W6D1 and yesterday I stopped just short of running last 1/2 mile because my feet tingled from new foot supports and thought better to be cautious.  I WANT to go for it today but my knee is sore.  I really struggling with taking it easy but trying to not ignore my body and cross train to rest.

1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...