Skip navigation

1777 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2011 5:15 AM by constantstruggle RSS
pg6 Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 3, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 3, 2011 4:46 PM

How do you fight through pressure?

This year I had to take the team onto my shoulders and carry my team through games.  How do you deal with pressure?

• balla2011 Legend 285 posts since
    Feb 26, 2011
    1. Apr 3, 2011 9:30 PM (in response to pg6)
    Re: How do you fight through pressure?

i have the same problem as you its understandable but first you gotta take a deep breath, and tell yourself you are a good player, just have confidence with yourself cause the only reason you feel nervous is cause you arent confident you can hit the clutch shots so in other words dont think about it just do it

• Sofie04 Expert 53 posts since
    Feb 5, 2011
    2. Apr 4, 2011 4:09 PM (in response to pg6)

Before every game, everyone on your team probably feel pressure. Eespesially the bad players. For me, once i start playing the game, i kind of forget about everyone who is watching...it takes a lot of pressure of you, becuase you're not going over the top trying to impress people; you're just playing basketball the best you can.

• mosorio10 Rookie 3 posts since
    Apr 3, 2011
    3. Apr 4, 2011 5:17 PM (in response to pg6)

same problem. Same thing just relax and tell yourself youre a good player. then everything will work out

• Fox97 Pro 94 posts since
    Jul 22, 2010
    4. Apr 5, 2011 4:43 PM (in response to pg6)

I always thrived in pressure situations. When it came down to the crunch this past season I always wanted the ball. The reason for this is because I was confident I would make the right play. If you are confident in yourself and your abilities, you should look at pressure as a time to shine. Just trust yourself and play the game.

• CamarenC Amateur 14 posts since
    Apr 5, 2011
    5. Apr 5, 2011 6:30 PM (in response to pg6)

I had the same problem, and the team or parents would say things like if you hit that last  shot we would've won, or you've gotta hit those shots you missed.  I realized that if I try to distribute the ball more and give the other teammates the bal even i they aren't as good as me it's less pressure on me and even if we don't win they see that if they missed,and I made my shots that I did good, and it made me feel better even though I was still the only one woking on the team.  It'll get better.

P.S. don't worry about stats (you'll start making bad shots if you know the team relies on you),or get selfish because it can become a bad hit.

Hope I could help.

• balla2011 Legend 285 posts since
    Feb 26, 2011
    6. Apr 5, 2011 8:52 PM (in response to pg6)

for the most part your nervous and scared cause you havent been in that situation before the more you play under pressure the better you will play.

• constantstruggle Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 6, 2011
    7. Apr 6, 2011 5:15 AM (in response to pg6)

pressure is a good thing is most cases. pressure builds confidence and strength mentally....... Basketball is a tremendously mental game and sometimes pressure molds players to become the type of players that can adjust to any level of play which is what it takes to become an NBA   Elite..............which is the dream of almost every basketball player in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points