Skip navigation

1186 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Apr 9, 2011 3:56 AM by Practical Sam RSS
PlayersPlayer Rookie 1 posts since
Sep 8, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 8, 2011 9:04 AM

Free '97/'98 Bantam Major Evaluation

The Valley Forge Minutemen have just gotten approval to hold tryouts  for a '97/'98 Bantam Major team.  We understand that it is late in the  process, but we are very encouraged by the number of quality players  trying out in the area at Comcast, Mercer, Jr. Flyers and Little  Flyers.  Our goal is to give the players who want to better their game  by playing at the Tier I level a competitive opportunity with a proven organization  and facility.

The FREE '97/'98 evaluation will be held Sat and Sun from 4-5:30pm.

• SMELLMYBAG Amateur 8 posts since
    Sep 11, 2007
    1. Apr 8, 2011 9:20 AM (in response to PlayersPlayer)
    Re: Free '97/'98 Bantam Major Evaluation

Who is the coach and what can you tell me about him?  Do you seriously think you can field a Bantam Major team made up of 97's and 98's that could even win one game in the AYHL? Sounds like a fun season for the kids, at least they will develop with that great coaching!

• imthechief Rookie 4 posts since
    Apr 29, 2010
    2. Apr 8, 2011 9:34 AM (in response to PlayersPlayer)

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Bring me thy leftovers so I can create another slop bucket like last years '98 team. You must be kidding! Let the kids cut loose from Flyers and Comcast and Mercer go play tier two where they belong.

• Practical Sam Amateur 31 posts since
    Mar 4, 2010
    3. Apr 8, 2011 4:14 PM (in response to PlayersPlayer)

"Just got approval" from who?  That person must hate kids.  This is just plain mean.

• drhawk Amateur 22 posts since
    Mar 5, 2004
    4. Apr 8, 2011 5:31 PM (in response to Practical Sam)

I think the AYHL has to approve adding team at an age you did not field a team the previous year.

• Practical Sam Amateur 31 posts since
    Mar 4, 2010
    5. Apr 9, 2011 3:56 AM (in response to drhawk)

Oh I get in now.  So, Revolution puts together an alternative AAA program that has 1) unbelievable coaching, 2) superior competition, and 3) lower price.  Then, all of a sudden, even though VFMM has not fielded a 97 team since like 99, AYHL decides to throw together this last-minute death-star-garbage-pit VFMM team to try to plug the leak.  Good luck there.

Here's an idea:  try putting an AYHL franchise somewhere useful, like near the Willow Grove exit, instead of having three franchises within 20 minutes of each other on the west side of the city.  Then you would have a better shot at collecting your $1500 per skater AAA "premium" (franchise owner profit).  Teams like some of the OYR and Hatfield teams pop up, and can beat many of the AYHL teams, because there is a supply of quality players in that area who aren't serviced by the AYHL.

Better yet, do your customers a favor and turn the AYHL franchises into *gasp* non-profits like some other clubs.  That would really be a good thing for hockey.  And for kids.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...