Skip navigation

1260 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2011 6:19 PM by Baller1212 RSS
airluis5 Amateur 30 posts since
Sep 2, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 13, 2011 1:44 PM

need to get my legs and conditioning back ASAP!!!

im 16 and i have been out of competitive play for about 5 months due to an injury. now im back and i have been selected to play in a team where everyone is older than me and most of the have high school scolarships and i have a chance to get one myself. so please recommend some excersices and drills to improve stamina, speed, and defense!! Thanks

• zacchary18 Rookie 4 posts since
    Apr 13, 2011
    1. Apr 13, 2011 2:47 PM (in response to airluis5)
    Re: need to get my legs and conditioning back ASAP!!!

well if u just got back from and injury you need to get back in shape.You can do that by doing suicides or simply jogging around your neighborhood and you should also find your shot.it will take some time but just have confidence.

• Baller1212 Amateur 19 posts since
    Apr 9, 2011
    2. Apr 15, 2011 6:19 PM (in response to airluis5)
    Re: need to get my legs and conditioning back ASAP!!!

For stamina I reccomend running/jogging around your neigborehood or track field for about 25-45 minutes about 3 times a week.

I have a drill for speed.Stand on one side of the free throw line,run to the other side of it touch,run back and do the same.Repeat this about 20-25 times or you can time yourself and see how many you can do in say about one minute.Do this about 2-3 times a week.

Conditioning-I just reccomend running/jogging and some upper and lower body workouts.Pushups work well and so do squats for your legs,as well as calf raises.Calf raises will also increase your vert.

And I do reccomend you work on your shooting and do work on the fundamentals as you haven't played for a while with an injury.

I hope that helps.

~Good Luck ~~

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points