Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

909 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 18, 2011 2:16 PM by CourtneyC23 RSS
RobNadeau13 Rookie 3 posts since
Apr 16, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 16, 2011 7:50 PM

I want to improve my 19 minute 5k

I have run 5Ks anywhere from 1830 to 1930. I want to break out of this, I honestly don't really train much but I am going to begin training. I want to find a training plan that would fit me, I dont think these c25k and 5k in under 24min plans are the right idea. I fully understand these plans are great for a lot of people and I am not claiming to be better than anyone. I just want to find a more intense 5k training schedule for people that run roughly 19 minutes. Thanks in advance.

04/16/11 - Devildog 5K - 19:15

• CourtneyC23 Rookie 6 posts since
    Apr 15, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 18, 2011 2:16 PM (in response to RobNadeau13)
    Re: I want to improve my 19 minute 5k

Okay, I am in a similar boat and asked the same type of question. I ran my first 5k last year. I only ran for 6 weeks before the race and my time was 22 minutes (I'm a girl, so not bad). I am doing another race in 7 weeks and I want to actually train this time. Based off the advice I got, I am doing the advanced Hal Higdon, 8 week, training schedule. I am using the McMillan Running Calculator to find out how fast I should be going on each day. It's a great tool! I hope this is somewhat helpful. I'm no expert; but, I have been doing some research.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...