Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2331 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2011 5:11 AM by VetteGuy
Kinver88 Pro 80 posts since
Oct 2, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 3, 2011 6:02 AM

Nike+ SportsWatch GPS Released

I was able to pre order the new Nike+ GPS watch and it turned up yesterday - just in time for my first run of the weekend!

Review of the Nike+ GPS Watch

As this is the first GPS watch that has been released by Nike I thought that I should write a bit of a review as I have run with both Garmin Forerunners and Suunto's in the past so have a good idea of what things to look out for.

In a nut-shell the Nike GPS watch is perfect for anyone looking for a simple and stylish GPS watch but it does lack some of the advanced features that Forerunner runners have come to love. The online Nike+ training portal is one of the best that I have seen and Nike offer a number of things that I haven’t seen on any of the other training portals. Nike reward you will virtual trophies and motivational videos from real athletes as well as giving you running training schedules that you can download to the watch.

• Marklemcd Amateur 9 posts since
    Mar 23, 2011
    1. Apr 3, 2011 9:26 AM (in response to Kinver88)
    Re: Nike+ SportsWatch GPS Released

I do all my running so I can get virtual trophies.

Real World Running Reviews

• PowerRuff Amateur 35 posts since
    Jul 31, 2010
    2. Apr 13, 2011 6:10 PM (in response to Kinver88)

Kinver88,

Now that you have had the Nike+gps watch for a bit what are your thoughts?Likes, dislikes?

"SEA LEVEL IS FOR SISSIESBolderBoulder

• VetteGuy Amateur 13 posts since
    Jan 7, 2011
    3. Apr 19, 2011 5:11 AM (in response to Kinver88)

I picked one up this past weekend at the Boston Health & Fitness Expo and ran the BAA 5K (the day before the Marathon) with it.

I can delete runs uploaded online but can't remove them from the watch (I have several non-run tests I'd like to to remove) and I'd like to see average pace, not just immediate pace. As a fairly new runner, I like the watch and it's simplicity.

Guy

02/11 Super 5k Lowell, MA              30:26

03/11 Partrick Frye 5k Lowell, MA    28:14

03/11 April Fool 4m Salisbury, MA  37:15

04/11 Groton 5k Groton, MA            28:18

04/11 BAA 5k Boston, MA                28:37

04/11 Total Image 5k                      26:43 2nd 60-69ag

06/11 BAA 10k Boston, MA          1:06:45

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...