Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

186055 Views 1,130 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2011 9:23 AM by tylerjiang RSS Go to original post 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 Previous Next
  • KayTastiK Pro 71 posts since
    Jul 6, 2010

Hy everybody! Look at you all planning half and full marathons and thangs! =)

Well, the transition to super cold weather has gotten to me a bit. I braved the outdoors for a while (and I love not tryin to stay warm enough is keeping me speedy! lol) but in the last week, I really worked too much and long as we prepared for programs and I let the cold win. There is light though. As much as I DON'T want to run indoors, I've gotten a new way to run indoors without having to pay a new membership fee for anything. (woowho!) I've love the coldgear bottoms I've gotten myself....now I have to get coldgear tops AND night running tops and I'm back out and in business!

I'm finishing my 10k training plan by the 2nd week of January!

s/n (side note):...I am a bit perturbed at my active.com experiences when it comes to races. I've signed up for 4 races and have only been able to run 1. I've had the sponsors change the date without letting me know....I've paid for a run, driven out of town and the sponsor never showed up AND now I've paid for a 5k this Saturday (reindeer run)...and it's not showing up at all on my active.com account. I am not rich in money and want to have a little competition to keep me honest in my training but I don't think I can take another disappointment/ripoff....Any suggestions?

Kay

-There is no fear in love, for perfect love casts out all fear...The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

KayTastic's life goal: to be fear-less!

1st 5K: August 28th 2010      5K Fun Run for Sickle Cell Anemia (32:29)

2nd (Next) 5K: October 9, 2010 Faison Market Day 5K [kay cancelled]

3rd 5k November 20, 2010    Reality Race 5k [sponsor moved race to March? Ran it anyway in 36:28 on crazy trail!]

4th 5k December 18, 2010     Ryan's Reindeer 5k (31:13)

Health Benefits Evidenced: daily excitment to keep running, lost 5 pounds, breathing deeply and more fully, back to sangin' (in the shower and car), and....happy-happy-joy-joy ME!

• KayTastiK Pro 71 posts since
    Jul 6, 2010

Hey (to whoever's still listening!),

This will be my last post on the c25k.

Final updates:

I DID run the Dec. 18th Reindeer 5k. It was a throng of people of all ages and sizes in cold cold weather. (Hey, 30s or less is freezing to me!). I was excited and scared-not really sure of what...but I went for it. I wasn't aiming to make any PRs but figured the quicker I finished, the quicker I could get to my car! I completed it in 31:13 (chip time). It was my first "chipped" race. I finished in the middle of my age group and in the 2nd quartile of 400+ runners. To me, it was  SWEET victory that I took my tail out there and ran it in the cold. I even almost did it with NO walking but the last steep incline got me for a good 10 sec walk afterward. I find that I'm still holding back a bit, but I am still forging ahead in the race back to ME.

Using my Micoach, I've moved up to long runs at medium tempo pace for an hour! (Can you believe it?!?!? =D) In 55 minutes, I know I can run 5 miles and still feel like I could do a couple more miles. The only drawback these days, is that I love to run at night so...I must resort to indoor running on treadmills on some days. I'm aiming to be very comfortable with 5 to 6 mile runs by the end of January.

Goals for 2011:

1. Stay as injury-free as possible

2. Run consistently 4 to 5 days a week

3. Complete a 5k in sub 30minutes

4. Complete a 10k

5. Increase my love of and comfort with running!

Alrighty then...off to find a 10K or new blog

-There is no fear in love, for perfect love casts out all fear...The one who fears is not made perfect in love.

KayTastic's life goal: to be fear-less!

1st 5K: August 28th 2010      5K Fun Run for Sickle Cell Anemia (32:29)

2nd (Next) 5K: October 9, 2010 Faison Market Day 5K [kay cancelled]

3rd 5k November 20, 2010    Reality Race 5k [sponsor moved race to March? Ran it anyway in 36:28 on crazy trail!]

4th 5k December 18, 2010     Ryan's Reindeer 5k (31:13)

Health Benefits Evidenced: daily excitment to keep running, lost 5 pounds, breathing deeply and more fully, back to sangin' (in the shower and car), and....happy-happy-joy-joy ME!

• Wayna72 Pro 113 posts since
    Aug 27, 2009

Wayna

Will Run 4 Food 5k-56mins (first 5k) 6/5/10
    Walk for Life/Run for Adoptions 9/18/10 51:56
    John 3:16 run 5k 52:57 mins chip time. (all hills) 10/23/10
    Steps for sucess on Route 66 11/22/10 51:09
    Poker Run 2/11 no time
    St Patrick 5K 52mins 3/12/11
    YWCA Race againest Racism 48 min 4/30/11
    Run to the Sun 45:32 9/5/2011
    Route 66 1/2 marathon 11/11 3:43
    Aquarium Run 4/12 3:33
    Tulsa Run 15k 2:22
    Route 66 Marathon. 11/18

• Lisa9410 Amateur 38 posts since
    Sep 28, 2010

KaytastiK~

Great job!! I wish you the best on your future endeavors, running and otherwise.

I started the One Hour Runner program and ran 61 minutes on my last long run. Probably, I will run another 5k, then move to a 10k, and finally I'd like to run a half marathon in late 2011. I will stick to running 3 times per week as long as I can so I can remain injury free.

Best wishes!!!

7/5/10 -Started C25K

9/4/10 -Finished C25K

First 5K: Hoosiers Outrun Cancer 5K - 34:50

• ColoCorredor Pro 97 posts since
    Dec 14, 2010

I want to start the C25K with a group!!  Anyone interested in starting Jan 2011???

Believe you can do it. Think no other way but “Yes you can.”
    The human body is capable of considerably more physical endurance than most of us realize!!
  • tylerjiang Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 21, 2011

Nice post Kay!

We've  finally had a break from the heat yesterday.  Hopefully it holds most  of this week or at least lower humidity.  I was supposed to wrap up W5D3  on Friday but have yet to complete.  Yikees!  Needs to get done  today!!!  That September race is looming closer and closer!!

There is noticeably a bundle to know about this. I assume you made certain nice points in features also.For most people, the best acne prevention starts with natural best acne products, and natural acne prevention methods and the best acne products.A whole lot of nothing is the best vacation there is to my way of thinking. Just tons of down time. Good for the soul.

Have a good day all!!

acne product
    best acne product
    best acne products
    the best acne product

1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...