Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1089 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 27, 2011 10:18 AM by dnavarro82
Healeycam Amateur 11 posts since
Dec 21, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 27, 2011 5:43 AM

Irritated Nerve

Since Febuary of this year I have been dealing with ITBS in both knees.  I dropped out of a half because of it.  Receiving treatment from a Chiropractor has been a huge help.  I have been getting laser treatment and Graston for about two months and I finally have it under control.

Lately I have been dealing with Nerve pain about 2 inches below my right knee on the outside.  The Dr. has been treating that area believing that scar tissue may be forcing the nerve into a comprimised position.  I do believe him, but it doesn't seem to be getting better.  He did recomend yesterday that I buy some cheap inserts because I am prostrating (?) just a tad.

It only hurts when running, not during biking or swimming.  I haven't changed my running style and I have been fitted for shoes at a running store.  The nerve begins to ache anywhere from 1 to 3 miles into a run.

Any ideas?

Excuse the grammer and spelling.....

Thanks for any help.

• dnavarro82 Pro 113 posts since
    Apr 24, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Apr 27, 2011 10:18 AM (in response to Healeycam)
    Re: Irritated Nerve

I have been through similar issues over the past couple months.  Started off the same as you, pain set in after a couple miles, so far a while I was on the eliptical for my runs.  So, for the past month or so, I have been going to a physical therapist for Active Release Therapy (ART).  Let me tell you...it works.  Everything you are describing, I went through, and after 2.5 weeks of therapy, I am banck on the road.  Did a two hour run last weekend with no problems.  Aside from that, I stretch every night, before and after my workouts.  Longer stretch session after.  Use a foam roller and ice the area.  The combo of all this as helped greatly.  Yes, I do feel a little something from time to time, but nothing that ends my run.

Overall, I HIGHLY recommend ART.

Good luck

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points