Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

456 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2011 7:09 AM by semperfi4421
semperfi4421 Rookie 2 posts since
Apr 19, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 28, 2011 7:09 AM

Ankle Troubles

Hi everyone..

I am not that new at running- I used to run all the time when I was in the Marine Corps 9 years ago but then stopped. I just started to run again and am falling in love with it all over again.

My problem is this: I have twisted my right ankle at least 5 times since high school and when I run it just swells up. It doesn't start to swell until around I hit the 2 mile mark, after that it starts to swell and hurt.

I ran an 8k last weekend and it hurt but I just kept pushing until the finish line.
Does anyone know what I can put on it or what I can do so that it doesn't swell as fast? Should I see a doctor for this?

I hope to hear good news since I am starting to train for my first half marathon..

Thanks everyone,

Betsy

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...