Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

126289 Views 942 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2012 11:48 AM by flippinmental74 RSS Go to original post 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 63 Previous Next
  • camcat82 Pro 67 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    675. Apr 29, 2011 5:40 AM (in response to nyla100)
    Re: Starting C25K week of March 13

W6D1 done Pretty pleased all in all. Even got some added protein lol - heaps of bugs flying around, my sister met me for a run today and we both swalloed one. I had 3 try to fly up my nose and she had the, flying into her eyes most of the way around haha - an advantage of my needing glasses hehe, meant they couldn't get into mine . Felt pretty good though and we both had enough left at the end to pick up the pace for the last minute or so. Looking forward to the next run actually. I don't expect it to be easy as such but I'm feeling a lot more confident in my abililty to push on even through a harder run now. I've been researching today my next steps for after the C25K as well and think I've decided what I'm doing from here After my race in May I'll have 14 weeks to the next race I'd like to do, which is a 12K one. So I'll follow the Hal Higdon 10K and add the same progression to the end to reach the 12K and just see how I go

Busy mum, but loving it

My blog - www.runningbeginners.net

- Every day I'm reminded that perfection doesn't exist, and to strive for perfection will only defeat you. I want to be better than I was today and not as good as I'll be tomorrow -

First race entered 4.5K on May 22nd - looking forward to it!

Currently doing C25K - W4D2 completed

• jmdessart Pro 89 posts since
    Sep 4, 2009
    676. Apr 29, 2011 6:15 AM (in response to nyla100)

I finished week 7 this morning, and THE SUN WAS OUT!!!!!  I feel like I haven't seen the sun in ages.  It was still under 40 degrees out, but the sun made it feel beautiful outside.  I know I ended up running faster today than my other two runs this week because I made it further on my route.  Not sure if that's because of the weather, or that I may have actually been excited to run this morning.  Well, excited could be a slight exaggeration.  I was dreading running less today than I was earlier this week.

Since W6D3 I have been listening to my own music and letting my nike+ tell me when I hit 5 minute intervals.  My artist of choice is Gaelic Storm.  They are an Irish band that has some instrumental songs as well as vocals, and they're almost all upbeat and hilarious.  It's enough to make me zone out of it for a while, but still have a beat in my head.

As I said before, after this I"m going to do the B210K program.  I'm signed up for a 10K on June 11, which is before the program will be over, but I've always wanted to do this race.  I've also looked into runs that are coming up in my area the rest of the year.  It's so weird to me that I'd want to have something running-related to look forward to.  I do think it's the only way for me to keep going though, have a goal.

I can't believe we're almost done.  I didn't think I was going to be able to do this.  I am very proud of all of us that have hung on.  The last time I did the program, there were only three of us left on the forum at the end.  WAY TO GO GUYS!

For those of you that are on week 5/6/7, keep going, it will get better.  You won't necessarily like what you're doing to yourself at the time, but think about what you're accomplishing for yourself!

Jean from Green Bay, WI

First 5K (Cellcom) 5/14/2011 - 39:24

First 10K (Bellin) 6/11/2011 - 1:19:03

Packer 5K 7/30/2011 - 39:03

First 1/2 Marathon 9/18/2011 - 3:07:53

Running because according to my mom "you never really were skinny"

• LizzieAria Pro 76 posts since
    Mar 27, 2011
    677. Apr 29, 2011 7:10 AM (in response to nyla100)

Angel, W6D2 was my wall too. And I hit it so hard that it shook my confidence for a day.  But like everyone else has been saying, bad days are part of life, part of running life and the best thing to do is get right back out there.  For me, I had the dog on a leash which always changes my rhythm.  It was that time of the month (girls, can i get a witness!) and my silly new watch was programmed wrong and so I wasn't able to accurately time myself.  All of these things had me slamming into the wall and feeling very defeated when I got home. So...I went on the blog and yelled HELP.  Our running peeps were cool about it and I went back out for day 3 and kicked it's butt!  Not bringing the dog helped too.  So you can absolutely do this.  Don't give up.  In fact, pushing yourself back out there after a bad day is what grows your confidence.

So here was my strategy for today -W7D3.  I've been running this week on wooded trails with a lot of short, but sometimes steep elevation.  For my first two runs this week, I haven't been able to run the whole thing without walking up 1 or 2 of the steepest hills. Today, before I got out of the car, I made a decision that I was going to run the whole thing, hills and all - no matter how slow I went. I walked to warm up, stretched real good and the took off.... real slow.  I thought if I can start at a slower pace in the beginning, I'll be able to tackle the hills at the end.  Yes.. the biggest one is at the very end of the darn run.  And guess what folks!  I nailed it.  Up the hills, I just kept saying, you can do this, you can do this. it was my little cadence and it pushed me through.

So Sunday is my first 5K. I've signed up and I'm running it with my brother and his wife, both of whom are in much better shape than me, so I'm really running it alone and meeting them at the end.  That's okay though.  I have no idea how I'm going to do with the distance.  I'm hoping that the hill training this whole week is going to increase my speed on flat ground and I can do most of it running.  But since this program doesn't have me running a full 3 miles yet, if I can't do it, I'm not going to be disappointed.  (This is me setting realistic expectations, which I find is key to mental part of the program).  The weather is supposed to be perfect and my very favorite niece is visiting from California for her wedding shower. She'll be cheering me on so it's gonna be an awesome weekend of family and fitness.  And my brother has a new hot tub so I know where I'll be after the race.  Splash!

Keep going everyone. We're all doing great.  Lizzie

Lizzie on Cape Cod

started C25K on March 14th

Goals: Feel more vibrant, Lose 17 pounds and Run a bunch of 5Ks with friends and family

1st Target 5K: May 1st, Haverhill, MA

2nd Target 5K: June 26, Harwich, MA

My motto:  I can do this.

• M.J. in Springpatch Pro 154 posts since
    Mar 17, 2011
    678. Apr 29, 2011 7:26 AM (in response to KnottynCrochety)

Cate and JJ,

I freakin' adore the idea of Sir Michael Stuart iPod the Third who took the job at C25K under the illusion that it was a "real" sportscasting job and now sits around wondering how in the heck it all went wrong!  Kind of reminds me of the character that Alan Rickman played in "GalaxyQuest".   I vote that Sir (I'm giving him the "Sir" in honor of the royal wedding, because after all, he should be there) Michael Stuart iPod the Third become this thread's honorary mascot.   It's not ESPN, but hopefully he will feel honored.

In other news, I still haven't decided how yet to proceed with the program.  But I am reading your takes with interest.  I probably won't know what I'm going to do until I wake up to run this weekend.

Run happy, all!

As Stuart always says: Run Happy!

Started C25K: 3/13/11 Completed C25K: 5/12/11

FatAss 5K: 5/14/11

New Balance Girls on the Run Community 5K: 5/21/11

5th Annual MMC Burn Center 5K Run/Walk: 6/4/11

Women's Distance Festival 2-Miler: 7/9/11

Scheel's Inaugural 5K Run/Walk: 7/16/11

Red Ribbon 5-Mile Run: 10/22/11

Mar 17, 2011
    679. Apr 29, 2011 8:00 AM (in response to SlowlyTrying)

Angel,

You're allowed to throw yourself a little pity party - so long as you invite us all - and you did.   Hopefully, you've had some sleep and things look better.  If they don't, remember this:  You've put 6 weeks into this program.  You CAN do this!  You already have done it.  It's just a matter of making your MIND believe what your BODY is doing. 

I post my stats every time I run.  I think my very best running time has been about 15 min/mi.  That's at the end of 7 weeks!   But I am a runner.  And so are YOU!  You've got this.  You've got all your peeps on this thread cheering you on.  So, next run you will just lace them up and hit the road.  Because that's what runners do.  And we ARE runners!

• mamacate Pro 90 posts since
    Mar 18, 2011
    680. Apr 29, 2011 8:21 AM (in response to SlowlyTrying)

Aw Angel,

I've been there.  And it sounds like you might have some perfectionist tendencies like I do.  I'm good at a lot of things, and I like to do things that I'm good at, but I'm not a natural athlete, and so it's definitely tough to see others who are going along with 10-minute (or even 11-minute) paces while I push myself to get under 15 minutes.  Looking my upcoming 5K in the face this weekend definitely makes it worse.  So I can relate, and I'll just share with you some of the things I tell myself, in case they're helpful for you.

1) our group mantra: it's faster than the couch.  Because it is, and it's better for us too.

2) This is a non-linear process.  You don't improve by 30 seconds every run.  Some days you run slow as hell and it feels like you're sprinting, some days it all comes together and you're suprised to have dropped 30 seconds off your pace without even trying.  I'm very slowly starting to see a pattern emerge in my own running where a really bad day is usually followed a run or two later by a big jump in either speed or endurance.  I don't think this is a coincidence.

3) Speed and endurace are two separate things and while we are working on both of them, we're unlikely to make big strides in both at the same time.  We've just come a LONG LONG way in terms of endurance.  I'm reading Galloway's marathon book and he says over and over again that speed has no bearing whatsoever on endurance training.  In other words, whether you run 5K at 10 minute or 20 minute paces in training, you will have the same ability to run 5K.

4) This one is one I'm just figuring out, but we're not done improving.  I've read a few things that are aimed at more experienced runners, and the improvement in time they're talking about is so incredibly conservative--like 6 weeks of speed training for a 30 second improvement.  But I think--and I don't know--that that's for people who are already well-conditioned for a 5K and have a good base of endurance.  We're still building endurance for this race distance, so I think we will still improve much faster than athletes who are already conditioned.  I'm not sure this is true but I'm going with it for now.

5) Speed doesn't matter anyway!  I don't have any real hope of ever winning a race, regardless of age group, athena, whatever.  That just isn't my thing.  I'm doing this so I can be out on the roads in the early morning, smelling the wet grass and having time alone with my body working and my mind free to roam.  I'll tell you I don't believe that when I see a slow pace there on my phone...I even switched to metric to try to stop myself obsessing but I have too many Canadian friends and so I have a sense of what they're doing pace-wise and I still think I suck.

So that's how I handle the "I suck-its."  I hope it turns around for you and that you get one of those great runs that proves that your bad days were just your body getting ready for a big surge forward.

And CamCat--you're a member of the ISAF club--I swallowed a fly club!  (From Judy Blume's Fudge books.)  Years ago I did an endurance bike ride (250 miles in 3 days...which I did incredibly slowly), and during training I became a member.  Yuck.

Cate

Cate, 41, mom to 9-year-old boy-girl twins, one with autism/asperger's.

I'm running to be healthier, to care for myself, and to lose weight.  I am trying to be patient.  Being patient is not my strong suit.

"It's faster than the couch!"

First 5K 5/1/11, Derrill's Run, Easthampton, MA(43:18)

5K 6/4/11 Komen Race for the Cure Hartford, CT (42:49)

First 10K 7/4/11 Harvard Pilgrim 10K at Patriot Place, Foxborough, MA (1:41:47--ran/walked with a friend)

Thinking about Registered for the WDW Princess Half in Feb 2012...

• iRunforSue121457 Amateur 10 posts since
    Mar 24, 2011
    681. Apr 29, 2011 11:40 AM (in response to LizzieAria)

Hi Lizzie-

I have a friend who is doing the C25K with me and ran the whole 5k on a treadmill just to see how far it is time-wise.  It took much longer than the 30 mins that we will be using when we're finished in two weeks.  Armed with this information I went to the running log and mapped out how far I have run in the 25 min week 7 run and was sorely disappointed to find out how far I am behind the 5K.  I am only at 2.5K which means a 50 minute 5K if I keep at my current pace.

I have thought and re-thought my approach to this thing and think that once I finish the c25k program, even if I am not at the 5K distance, at least I know I can run for 30 mins. As evidence of this approach look at another friend who is just starting week two and see how far he is when he stops for the day.  I am encouraged.  Who knows what the next five minutes of running will bring?   By the time I finish my c25k 30 minutr runs, it cannot be too much farther for the entire 5K.  I guess I am trying to approach it like "the next step".  Instead of the next step being 5 miles, it's just 5K...then 5 miles, then 8K, etc, etc etc.  I actually hope I am pleasantly surprised at the end of the c25K program to find out how close to the actualy 5K I can run.  Not giving up yet.

• LizzieAria Pro 76 posts since
    Mar 27, 2011
    682. Apr 29, 2011 4:57 PM (in response to iRunforSue121457)

Good thoughts.  I have mapped my runs and I'm running something like 2.25 in 25 mintues.  So it's going to be a big jump up to think that I'll be running 3.1 on Sunday. I'm keeping my expectations appropriate so I don't feel disappointed in myself.  I might even walk early on for a few intervals so that I can spread out the distance and run across the finish line.  We'll see.  I'm not in terrible shape and could probably do it on adreneline, but I don't want to injure myself so my ego feels good if you know what I mean.

I nailed some really steep hills this morning so I'm feeling really good about where I am and I want to keep it that way.  Becoming a runner takes a lot of time and I'd rather get there slowly and actually get there than try and speed it up and quit.  This blog has been awesome and an unexpected source of support.  I really rely on it.

Not sure if I'll be checking in before the big race.  starting my weekend tomorrow watching my 8 year nephew play hockey, then on to my uncle for a short visit, then dinner with my niece to talk about her wedding (i'm the officiant so it's an official conversation).  then the road race on Sunday, then a big family discussion about our big trip to California for my niece's wedding in August, then the actual wedding shower.  Whew!  Maybe I'll try and squeeze in peek to see how everyone's doing.

Wish me luck!  Lizzie

Lizzie on Cape Cod

started C25K on March 14th

Goals: Feel more vibrant, Lose 17 pounds and Run a bunch of 5Ks with friends and family

1st Target 5K: May 1st, Haverhill, MA

2nd Target 5K: June 26, Harwich, MA

My motto:  I can do this.

Mar 17, 2011
    683. Apr 29, 2011 6:11 PM (in response to LizzieAria)

Lizzie:  You have a great mindset and strategy going into this!  You will be awesome!  I can't wait to hear about it.  You must pop in to post just as soon as you can.  Good vibes and well wishes to you!  KICK ASPHALT!!!! 

Decision has been made on my end.  Tomorrow I will try the 5K I mapped out.  When Sir Stuart says to walk, I plan to "slog" (slower than usual jog) and when he says to run, I plan to pick up my pace a bit and see how it goes and just keep going until I do the whole distance.  This will be my "long run" of the week (totally sound like a runner saying that).  If it kicks my tail, lesson learned and I'll continue the program as written.  If it doesn't kick my tail, I might do it again next weekend.  We'll see how it pans out.  I guess I'm just itching to see if I really can do it.   If I don't come back to report in, you can assume my tail was kicked.  LOL!

• Melmonkey Amateur 12 posts since
    Mar 18, 2011
    684. Apr 29, 2011 6:14 PM (in response to nyla100)

Week 4 in the books, I will try to come back for personal later when I am not trying to wrangle C!

Mar 17, 2011
    685. Apr 29, 2011 6:16 PM (in response to mamacate)

Cate:  this whole post was full of wisdom.  Tomorrow I'm going to try to do the 5K I mapped out.  I just want to see if I can do it.  If I come back having done it, YAY for me!   But if it doesn't work out somehow, I will keep your words in mind.  Thanks!

I know you will do great in your race this weekend!  Pop in as soon as you are able to give details, because enquiring minds want to know!  LOL  Go KICK ASPHALT, girl!!

mamacate wrote:

Aw Angel,

I've been there.  And it sounds like you might have some perfectionist tendencies like I do.  I'm good at a lot of things, and I like to do things that I'm good at, but I'm not a natural athlete, and so it's definitely tough to see others who are going along with 10-minute (or even 11-minute) paces while I push myself to get under 15 minutes.  Looking my upcoming 5K in the face this weekend definitely makes it worse.  So I can relate, and I'll just share with you some of the things I tell myself, in case they're helpful for you.

1) our group mantra: it's faster than the couch.  Because it is, and it's better for us too.

2) This is a non-linear process.  You don't improve by 30 seconds every run.  Some days you run slow as hell and it feels like you're sprinting, some days it all comes together and you're suprised to have dropped 30 seconds off your pace without even trying.  I'm very slowly starting to see a pattern emerge in my own running where a really bad day is usually followed a run or two later by a big jump in either speed or endurance.  I don't think this is a coincidence.

3) Speed and endurace are two separate things and while we are working on both of them, we're unlikely to make big strides in both at the same time.  We've just come a LONG LONG way in terms of endurance.  I'm reading Galloway's marathon book and he says over and over again that speed has no bearing whatsoever on endurance training.  In other words, whether you run 5K at 10 minute or 20 minute paces in training, you will have the same ability to run 5K.

4) This one is one I'm just figuring out, but we're not done improving.  I've read a few things that are aimed at more experienced runners, and the improvement in time they're talking about is so incredibly conservative--like 6 weeks of speed training for a 30 second improvement.  But I think--and I don't know--that that's for people who are already well-conditioned for a 5K and have a good base of endurance.  We're still building endurance for this race distance, so I think we will still improve much faster than athletes who are already conditioned.  I'm not sure this is true but I'm going with it for now.

5) Speed doesn't matter anyway!  I don't have any real hope of ever winning a race, regardless of age group, athena, whatever.  That just isn't my thing.  I'm doing this so I can be out on the roads in the early morning, smelling the wet grass and having time alone with my body working and my mind free to roam.  I'll tell you I don't believe that when I see a slow pace there on my phone...I even switched to metric to try to stop myself obsessing but I have too many Canadian friends and so I have a sense of what they're doing pace-wise and I still think I suck.

So that's how I handle the "I suck-its."  I hope it turns around for you and that you get one of those great runs that proves that your bad days were just your body getting ready for a big surge forward.

And CamCat--you're a member of the ISAF club--I swallowed a fly club!  (From Judy Blume's Fudge books.)  Years ago I did an endurance bike ride (250 miles in 3 days...which I did incredibly slowly), and during training I became a member.  Yuck.

Cate

• KnottynCrochety Expert 59 posts since
    Mar 18, 2011
    686. Apr 30, 2011 12:23 AM (in response to SlowlyTrying)

Angel I am so sorry you are feeling frustrated and have been there myself a few times. Cate and Spring already said lots of good things, but I did want to tell you that I am doing a 20 minute mile, so if you are doing a 16 minute mile then you are faster than me!

I did read something interesting the other day and now I cannot remember where so no way to verify if it is true, but I am choosing to believe it is: You burn the same number of calories running a 7 minute mile as you do running a 30 minute mile. A mile is a mile is a mile of running as far as calories go. Obviously you can burn more in a shorter period of time if you are running for 30 minutes doing at a faster pace, but really, we are taking about a total of 3.1 miles, so not a huge difference.

My personal goal is to be able to run the 5k without stopping. I will not be able to do that when the C25k program is over, but I will keep working at it 3 minutes at a time until I can. After that I plan to work on speed, but I want to make sure I am building up slowly and carefully in my cardio fitness and strength.

You are doing so great and have overcome a lot of physical issues to get where you are now. Wallow in your pity party for a few hours and then start talking nice to yourself again. Try the run again and I bet you will be shocked and surprised at how easy it is.

JJ in Oregon. Mom of four and need to set a better example for them.

1st time doing C25K. Started 3/18/11. Ran for one mile on 4/26/11 for the first time ever.

Upcoming races: Lake Run 5k May 7th. Solstice Run June 21st. Doggie Challenge July 30th. Taking my kids to the 1 mile Fun Run July 31st.

Goal of losing 100 pounds and completing a 5k without walking and before they close the course.

Need to do something to counteract my life as a yarn store owner, which involves a lot of sitting!

• Guayquilwriter Legend 511 posts since
    Mar 18, 2011
    687. Apr 30, 2011 4:38 AM (in response to nyla100)

Well personally I'm not sure if I am faster than the couch. This Saturday morning a snail beat me in a ten yard sprint!

A couple of times I jogged past people staggering home from their late Friday celebrations. The first couple was clothed in club attire with the young man obviously in his cups, and a stressed young lady pulling at his arm to get him to go wherever they needed to go. She wasn't sober either, didn't hear me coming until I was almost on top of them and was frightened by my sudden "appearance"  behind them. I waved and continued on.

Note - if you can't hear a 50-year-old fat guy wheezing and clobbering up behind you on an empty street at 4:45 am Saturday morning  you are too drunk to be the responsible one of the couple - just saying.

A block later I eyed a pair of street dogs padding along the street. They saw me and one dark one held back but another blond-colored dog barked, growled and bared his teeth. Over my life I've learned three surefire defenses against dogs.

DOG DEFENSE ONE -

I ignored the mongrel. Most times they'll make a show then realize you are not a threat and after a bit of a show they'll decide you are not a threat and go away.

This time the dog kept growling and started to chase me.

DOG DEFENSE TWO -

I turned and chased the dog. Growling dogs are typically cowards, trying to warn off others from what they see as their territory but they respect size. Hmmm the dog was about 30 pounds. I am about 255+ pounds. Who is bigger? Oh I am? Well -

Dog took of yelping. I chased him a bit then slowed. Dog started to circle around and I chased after him again and he was glad to let me go away.

****PLEASE NOTE - DO NOT TRY THIS ON DOBERMAN's OR PIT BULLS*****

I thought going away was a marvelous idea so I went back to my run. Does this count as a fartlek?

Anyway I finished my 2 mile run feeling good, so next run I'll up the mileage a bit to 2.25 miles.

My week's accomplishments are really thrilling. In started the week at an even 262 lbs and this morning pre-run I weighed in at 257.7 - a loss of 4.3 pounds in one week and so far (one day to go) a total of 14 pounds for April.

On a side note, Lisa emailed me a notice. her school is having a Family Fun Run 5K in a week for students, teachers and families. I think I'll take part. It will be low-key but my first 5k since about 1992. I'm not yet up to running 3.1 miles so I'll plan to run with some walk breaks with the goal just to finish. it will give me a time to beat for when I actually do my first semi-serious 5k in June!

Go out and kick some asphalt!

OVER 50 PRs

5K - 31:50 5K La Joya 2011 - Aug 2011

10K - 1:14:30 at Guayaquil Half Marathon - Jul 2011

Half - 2:32:22 at Guayaquil Marathon - Oct 2011

2012 Races

InterAmerican Family Fun Run (5k) 36:04 (Previous Year 39:22)

Emelec 5K 33:16

Upcoming Races

15 June - 5K Ciudad Celeste

22 June 5K por los Ninos

1 July - Guayaquil Half Marathon

5 August - 5K La Joya

2 September - 30K Milagro

7 October - Guayaquil Marathon

18 November - 5K Villa Club

2 December - 5K DM3

• camcat82 Pro 67 posts since
    Mar 2, 2011
    688. Apr 30, 2011 5:25 AM (in response to Guayquilwriter)

That whole post had me smiling I can just picture you running down the road chasing and growling at a dog. And congrats on the weightloss! That's a wonderful acheivement.

Busy mum, but loving it

My blog - www.runningbeginners.net

- Every day I'm reminded that perfection doesn't exist, and to strive for perfection will only defeat you. I want to be better than I was today and not as good as I'll be tomorrow -

First race entered 4.5K on May 22nd - looking forward to it!

Currently doing C25K - W4D2 completed

Mar 17, 2011
    689. Apr 30, 2011 5:39 AM (in response to nyla100)

I am back.  I am sore.  I'm still sweating.  But I did 3.1 miles!   I started Stuart and walked for the warm-up.  Then when he said to run, I ran.  And I ran.  And I ran.  Sometimes, my "run" was hardly faster than a leisurely stroll, but I kept picking up my feet and moving forward.  I was afraid Stuart might stop logging my mileage after he told me that the workout was complete, so I had this app called "Runkeeper" going in the background which GPSd me and logged my pace.

When I got to the last stretch before home, I looked at Stuart and he said I had run 2.1 miles.  I nearly freaked out, but then remembered that I had Runkeeper going.  So I checked Runkeeper and it said I was at 2.58 miles.  Whew!!!    Stuart had stopped logging once I completed the workout, but Runkeeper was still going!  So I finished that last half mile, which took everything I had.  In the end, I had run 3.12 miles in 56:45 mins.

I am looking at the goal in my sig line for completing the Girls on the Run 5K and I am going to need to adjust it.  I doubt I can drop more than 10 mins in only 3 weeks.  I don't know what a more realistic goal is just yet.  I'll marinate on it for a while.

But to those of you out there who are like me and barely breaking 2 miles at this late stage in the program - WE can actually do a 5K RIGHT NOW if we put our minds to it.

I don't think I'm going to replace the next few runs with this new 5K course.  I'm satisfied knowing I actually can do it!  I may do it again next weekend, though, just to see if my time has improved and to help set a more achievable goal for the Girls on the Run 5K.

I'm pretty spent now.  Grocery shopping is probably going to have to wait until this afternoon at least, but today, I found out for sure that I am a runner!

Run Happy everyone, and have a great weekend!

1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 ... 63 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...