Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

944 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2011 2:20 PM by roufarunnershusband RSS
Redvalic Rookie 1 posts since
May 1, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

May 1, 2011 12:55 PM

First 5k

I was talked into a 5k by my Sister after losing 120 pounds in just over a year. I did some elliptical work and some weights but was far from road ready but I finished my first 5k! I had a blast!

39 minutes and 12 seconds was my time. I know it is slow but its a start!

• SiberMom Pro 104 posts since
    Mar 28, 2011
    1. May 1, 2011 2:01 PM (in response to Redvalic)
    Re: First 5k

Holy cow, Redvalic, that is awesome!  Keep up the amazing work!!!  My first 5k is in 27 days....hope I do as well!

Denise

Cooter 5K completed May 28, 2011 in 34:05!

Lake Placid Half Marathon  June 12, 2011 in 2:48:06!

Madrid Bluegrass Ramble 5K completed  June 25, 2011 in 34:38!

Massena 5K completed July 2, 2011 in 34:48 with casualites...LOL!

Tour de Potsdam 5K completed July 14, 2011: untimed

Maine Half Marathon scheduled October 2, 2011

• RunninUgly Expert 56 posts since
    Dec 30, 2008
    2. May 1, 2011 2:11 PM (in response to Redvalic)

Great job. And remember your time doesn't matter. Getting to the starting line is the hardest part and finishing is a bonus!

Jim

Upcoming Races:

Warrior 5k 11 Sep 11-doing this with a couple friends. It will be their first race.

Jacksonville Marine Corps Half Marathon- 1 Oct 11

Goofy's Race and a Half Challenge- 7-8 Jan 12

"Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never

dreamed ourselves to own; sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push

through the obstruction."  William James

• roufarunnershusband Amateur 29 posts since
    Apr 12, 2011
    3. May 1, 2011 2:20 PM (in response to Redvalic)

Outstanding!  I ran my first race a month ago and it was the best thing I ever did.  There's no better way to stay motivated in your running then to run a race!  Also, I was very surprised and pleased to learn that there is usually BEER at the finish line!  Congratulations!  Keep up the good work!

Roufa Runner's Husband

Phil 4:13

http://www.runfunner.blogspot.com/

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...