Skip navigation

921 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: May 1, 2011 3:28 PM by BeatTheBest
bigal2694 Rookie 1 posts since
May 1, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

May 1, 2011 1:58 PM

Any helpful advice?

Whats up guys, Im alex. I am 17, currently a junior in high school. I am 6'4" and weigh around 240. I am trying to lose weight for next season, and bulk up too. I forgot to mention I play center. Im trying to bulk up because I need to be bigger so I can do more things in the post. Right now I am pretty good at my post game, I have a hook shot, and I can play out in the perimeter too, sort of like Al Horford. Occasionaly I'll hit 2 or 3, 3 pointers in a game. Im just trying to figure out what I should do to get better. Ive got the whole summer to do it. I would really appreciate some positive feedback. Thanks guys!

• BeatTheBest Amateur 20 posts since
    Mar 21, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. May 1, 2011 3:28 PM (in response to bigal2694)
    Re: Any helpful advice?

Sup, I'm not in high school yet, but I have a bro and I know a bunch of high school ball players.

Since you said you need to bulk up you should hit the weight room 3 times a week.

Do push-ups, sit-ups, crunches and stuff like that every day. Stretch every day too, in the morning and evening. (Just stretch as much as you can)

I'm not sure if you'll be playing Center in college because you're not THAT tall. So you should practice on your dribbling, shooting off the dribble, stuff like that. Work around the basket too because you might have to play Small Forward or something like that so yeah.

Message me if you want some specific drills or exercises. I'm always happy to help.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points