Skip navigation

1563 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Dec 22, 2012 12:54 PM by BALLINWITHPOWER RSS
Husky4life Amateur 22 posts since
Apr 4, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

May 2, 2011 7:36 AM

what position will i play??

Hey im in eighth grade goin into the highschool summer league. I'm 13 almost 6'3 but kinda skinny. I'm fast, a good defender and a good shooter (if im open on the three pointline ill make it every time). The problem is im not that good of a driver but im a good post player. Am i gonna end up a pf?

• 33nextlarrybird Amateur 10 posts since
    Apr 30, 2011
    1. May 2, 2011 9:06 PM (in response to Husky4life)
    Re: what position will i play??

You sound like a power forward, and shooting power forwards are really valuable. Work on your ball handling a lot because that will come in handy. You should also look at your overall game because it's even better to have a shooting power forward that can move to small forward. All you need to really do to impress is play how you know you can, raise some eyebrows, and stick out. If the answer isn't clear, I think you should show yourself as a power forward and hopefully you will be one. Don't hide any of your skills, you have potential. Just don't get cocky like the Lakers. You don't need to take this advice, but I hope it has given you an open mind.

• eaglesbasketball2016 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jul 25, 2012
    3. Dec 22, 2012 9:06 AM (in response to Husky4life)
    Re: what position will i play??

you will most likely play the forward position and may get the ball on the three point line often depending how the offense is set up. Keep your options open though... you may ba able to play a talller guard postition if you work on ball handling and ball confidence.

• BALLINWITHPOWER Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 21, 2012
    4. Dec 22, 2012 12:54 PM (in response to Husky4life)
    what position will i play??

There is like tons of informations and videos about ball handling on the net!
    Just check out some on youtube, and the best way to improve something is probably by just doing it over and over. You know do the crossover, crossover between the legs, behind the back, spins!

And just driving to the rim with the ball while your body has great momentum will get you some security!The exercise that helped me most was the one were you sit down on a bench and just dribble the ball under you legs very fast! It got me from a very low qulity crossover to the best of my team!

I hope I am a help!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...