Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

2046 Views 17 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2011 3:17 PM by nicole.sanford 1 2 Previous Next
Currently Being Moderated

May 8, 2011 10:59 AM

Sunset Stampede Reviews

Share your experiences with the Sunset Stampede below Back to event details page.

• Christopher Hicks Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 7, 2007
    1. May 8, 2011 10:59 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Sunset Stampede Reviews

I have run it all three years.  It just keeps getting better and better.

• Evan Malone Amateur 16 posts since
    Oct 31, 2007
    2. May 8, 2011 12:52 PM (in response to Guest )

Have done this run both 2010 and 2011.

Race course logistics have improved drastically - the addition of the dividing barricades at the turns is a must.  Keep it for next year.

Awesome after-party.  Plenty of beverages for all.

I see this race growing in popularity even more, it is such a good time of the year and the time of day (6pm) is ideal.

• oviedo4 Rookie 2 posts since
    May 8, 2011
    3. May 8, 2011 3:06 PM (in response to Guest )

The kids fun run was good, although we didn't know ahead of time we were allowed to run along with- that would have been helpful to know. The course was crowded and in my opinion was not well thought out. It is a beautiful area, and should have been dedicated  to racers for an hour so the course could have maybe been in a different area. Overall not too bad =)

• velina54411 Rookie 7 posts since
    Feb 18, 2010
    4. May 8, 2011 3:23 PM (in response to Guest )

I ran the race last year and this year, it just keeps getting better!  The after party is awesome.

• Navarre Run-Walk Meetup Rookie 3 posts since
    Aug 24, 2008
    5. May 8, 2011 3:56 PM (in response to Guest )

We are Bushwacked!  What a great time we had! The barricades on the 2-way route with the water stations were great!  Keep that for next year.  We have run this race for the last 3 years and it gets better all the time!  Love the $$$$ awards too!  Juanas did a great job with the afterparty too!  Great music, great dancing and a great time had by all! The Navarre Runners and Walkers Meetup members and Galloway Trainees will definitely be there again next year!

Stayin' on the The Path...

• tjrowland Rookie 6 posts since
    Jul 6, 2009
    6. May 8, 2011 4:41 PM (in response to Guest )

We did this race last year and I think it was much better this year. The organization was great and the food, drinks, etc were awesome. However, the sand dollar awards were awful. Mine broke before I even got it to the car. Not much to show!!! I think medallions and ribbons are a much better way to go. Much better than beer glasses or fragile sand dollars. Will be there next year!!

• FloridaAngela Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 8, 2010
    7. May 8, 2011 5:46 PM (in response to Guest )

not very happy. when i crossed the line i had to wait in a line to get water. There were only 2 coolers of water available. Water should have been pre-poured and ready as the runners crossed the line. It was very hot that day and that was poor planning. i was looking forward to the bushwackers after the race and had to ask 2 or 3 people where to go to get them. You would think they would have a sign or something. When we asked the bartender for them he looked like we were bothering him to get them for us. probably won't do this race again.

• azoreanrain Rookie 1 posts since
    Sep 23, 2009
    8. May 8, 2011 7:55 PM (in response to Guest )

Getting Better and Better, just need more food and beverages

• E Dunston Rookie 2 posts since
    May 1, 2011
    9. May 8, 2011 8:11 PM (in response to Guest )

The whole family went and we had fun overall, but it's not something I'll do again. There was no water or sports drinks after the races, which would be fine if you knew ahead of time since the race ends in the parking lot near your cars and you had brought a cooler.  There were two coolers of water with little spickets, but they ran out with 50-75 people still waiting in line. There was a box of bananas cut in half to make them go further, so the cut ends were brown and icky. The after party was great for adults, but not for kids.  There were no beverages served except beer-you had to go into the bar for anything else. Some bottled water, soft drinks, or an urn of tea would have been a huge improvement. We paid $20 for a wristband for my husband to join us at the afterparty, and the bartender argued with him over asking for a Sprite for our son to drink with his food.  We still had a good time, but I would recommend bottled water (or any water) at the finish, non-icky fruit, and some non-alcoholic drinks served with the food.  On a good note, the race itself was fun, the course was well-marked, the area is beautiful, and the people were very nice and friendly.  Oh, and the drum-line at the turn-around was GREAT!

• Blake7588 Rookie 3 posts since
    Feb 7, 2011
    10. May 9, 2011 5:31 AM (in response to Guest )

First time running this race and I would have to agree with all comments regarding the water stituation at the end of the race. It won't prevent me from running next year but I like others will plan ahead and have a cooler in the car just in case this is overlooked again...All in all it was a good time!!!

• LaurenO'Leary9023 Rookie 1 posts since
    May 2, 2011
    11. May 9, 2011 5:57 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first time participating in the Sunset Stampede and I had a great time! Like someone said earlier the drummers at the turn-around point was fantastic. I would ask to have a better set-up with beverages after the run, as I couldn't get any water to save my life. Overall, great scenery and perfect running weather!

• emalee24 Rookie 2 posts since
    Mar 15, 2010
    12. May 9, 2011 3:24 PM (in response to Guest )

Did this run last year as well as this year. Great route, great/fun after party! The only suggestion I would have would be the water at the end of the run. With only having 1 cooler and the people pouring it by the spout one cup at a time, it wasn't the best idea. I agree with cups could have already been poured and put out or have more coolers and a faster way of getting the water to the runners. Other than that, fun run, great shirts, great times:)

• David R Griffin Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 6, 2009
    13. May 9, 2011 5:34 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my 1st year doing this event.  I was very pleased.  I got 5 cups of ice cold water and 3 bananas i.e (9 banana pieces).  I think it helped with my recovery as I felt great in the next few days. Then I went to the most awesome finish party and consumed all the beer that I needed and enjoyed a perfect sunset with some pretty darn good music.  Met some new friends.  Missed the podium by 15 seconds but I wasn't bummed because the after race was so spectacular. I will be back next year for sure!!  I drove from Panama City and this event was well worth the drive.

• poomer Amateur 14 posts since
    Feb 6, 2008
    14. May 9, 2011 6:14 PM (in response to Guest )

This was my second year for doing this run.  Loved the tent outside - much better than last year - I did not even get food last year because of the crowd and the line for food.  Great after party - music was good - beer was cold and the bushwackers were good.  I also was frustrated about the water station.  Had to wait in line for quite a while for a small cup of water that tasted HORRIBLE. Please - next year do bottled water!!!!! 

The fun run and entertainment for the kids before was GREAT!!!  Nice family event - ran the fun run with my two grandsons - alot of fun!!!!!!!!  Will def do again!!!!

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...