Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

5012 Views 41 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2011 11:10 AM by ANNEJAEGER0 Go to original post 1 2 3 Previous Next
  • PBP7 Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 19, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    30. May 9, 2011 9:16 AM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Door County Half Marathon Reviews

My husband and I did the Half Marathon last year as well, and, just like last year, the race was wonderful.  The scenery and challenging course make this event a highlight of our annual racing season.  We are already looking forward to next year!

• Joy Malloy Rookie 4 posts since
    Feb 22, 2008
    31. May 9, 2011 1:11 PM (in response to Guest )

My favorite half marathon yet! (even over Napa-to-Sonoma). The beauty of the course is unrivaled. Plentiful aid stations, spectators around the bends when you need them most, the Pirates at Mile 5, well marked miles, and wonderful volunteers helped me stay focused on this challengng course. Event organizers didn't miss a beat. It all felt seemless.

• 2ndsister Rookie 3 posts since
    Feb 26, 2010
    32. May 9, 2011 3:10 PM (in response to Guest )

Awesome! It was well run and a sweet Mother's day weekend event! Thank you!

• crburger Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 7, 2011
    33. May 9, 2011 6:04 PM (in response to Guest )

Beautiful location and well run. Couldn't have asked for more. Even the weather cooperated with a cool but not cold morning, slight breeze. The staff and volunteers were most friendly and helpful. I will definately run this one again.

• David Bogenschutz Rookie 2 posts since
    Feb 18, 2009
    34. May 9, 2011 6:05 PM (in response to Guest )

What a beautiful course!  The best 1/2 marathon I've done yet.  Challenging but not excruciating.  Very well organized.  Was worried about the parking but it was not a problem.  Really friendly volunteers.  Would love chocolate milk at the finish though!  All in all, a great day.  We'll do it again next year!

• JamieP49829 Rookie 3 posts since
    Apr 28, 2008
    35. May 9, 2011 7:07 PM (in response to Joe Liello)

I agree!! AARRGGG!

• SuzClegg Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 11, 2008
    36. May 10, 2011 7:00 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first year doing the Door County Half.  What a great weekend!  Great organization, packet pick up, volunteers.  Loves the pirates!  The hills weren't as bad as I thought they would be and I even got a PR!  Parking was easy.  No waiting for bathrooms - thank you for that!!!!  Also, I LOVE the later start time.  Finally a race where you don't have to worry about getting up on time and eating when it's still dark out.  Only suggestion is to have wax/paper cups at water stations as the plastic ones were hard to pinch and drink while running.  Thanks for everything.  Will be back!

• tashaflores Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 2, 2009
    37. May 10, 2011 5:31 PM (in response to Guest )

this is my second year doing the Door Co. Half Marathon...I love it and will continue to do it year after year!!  I agree about the paper cups....plastic is not cool when trying to pinch and drink.  Other than that I love this race and the later start time!  Keep up the good work and thank you to all the volunteers who make this race possible!   Until next year.... 

• girlintheorchard Pro 168 posts since
    Aug 2, 2010
    38. May 10, 2011 6:12 PM (in response to Guest )

My first year running the 5k event with my 12 yr. old son.  A spectacular day with breathtaking views of Green Bay, and watching spring happen in Pen Park before my eyes.  Thank you for such a well run event.  Bravo! to the wonderful volunteers who were helpful and encouraging along the course.  The late start time is great, and I agree with those who mentioned a separate start time/corral for walkers.  It got a bit 'scary' with runners trying to maneuver through groups of walkers near the front of the pack the first mile of the course.  Shout out to all of Door County for making this a weekend we will never forget--we'll be back!

• jakedanen Rookie 2 posts since
    Oct 14, 2008
    39. May 10, 2011 7:03 PM (in response to Guest )

I've run enough distance races to realize what a task it is to organize masses of picky runners. The DC Half organizers made every step of the process seamless and fun.  From the packet pickup expo to race day transports into the park to the amazing groups of volunteers at the numerous water stations.  They literally thought of everything.  I've run this event each year it's been held and it just keeps getting more refined.  I can't wait 'til next year!

• Jamie Schouten Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 3, 2009
    40. May 13, 2011 11:40 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my 2nd time doing the DC Half...it was great, as usual.  I shaved a massive 15 minutes off my finish time last year...love it!  I don't think this event could be any more organized than it already is.  Thanks a TON to all the people who worked crazy hard to pull this event off! 

Last year I was a bit crabby at all the earlier half finishers who used the last few miles of the course as their cool-down route.  With plenty of other areas to cool down on, it seemed un-necessary for them to run into those who were still trying to finish!  Fortunately, it seemed like fewer people used the course as their cool-down spot this year.

• ANNEJAEGER0 Rookie 2 posts since
    Jun 9, 2010
    41. May 17, 2011 11:10 AM (in response to Guest )

Just such a wonderful run. Good organization, great environment, love it more each year!

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...