Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

864 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: May 11, 2011 2:16 PM by Jghannah RSS
Jghannah Rookie 6 posts since
May 9, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

May 11, 2011 2:16 PM

How to train for 5K that is in 17 days????

Ok, I know, I know - not too smart.  I did start the C25K training in time to finish before this 5K on 5/28, but I kept letting life get in the way and kept telling myself, tomorrow....and now I'm 17 days away and while I'm not overweight or completely out of shape, I am not necessarily a runner and am freaking a bit about this 5K thing...help!  Is there anything specific I can do other than just go out and try my best, but know i'll end up walking it?

• slowskinnyrunner Pro 67 posts since
    Apr 11, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. May 11, 2011 2:22 PM (in response to Jghannah)
    Re: How to train for 5K that is in 17 days????

The most important is to go out and try your best. There is no shame in walking. Just start training today. Now. You will be glad you did.

Ham Jam Hog Wild Run 5K - April 16, 2011....................37.32

State Games of MS Cross Country 5K - June 4, 2011......39.03

Slow Poke 5K - August 13, 2011....................................37.17

Rush Run For Your Heart - September 24, 2011...............37.39

Homecoming 5K - October 8, 2011.................................

Run For Home 10K - November 12, 2011.........................

Jingle Bell Run 5K - December 3, 2011............................

It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit. ~George Sheehan

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points