Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

479 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 2, 2011 5:04 PM by TripleF
Currently Being Moderated

May 13, 2011 8:48 PM

Cures for the Colors 100 mile Walk/Run Reviews

Share your experiences with the Cures for the Colors 100 mile Walk/Run below Back to event details page.

• N8Simmons Rookie 2 posts since
    Sep 8, 2010
    1. May 13, 2011 8:48 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Cures for the Colors 100 mile Walk/Run Reviews

Overall a great event, especially for the first year.  The route was as good as you could expect and enjoyable to run.  Aid stations were well placed and stocked, and the volunteers rocked.  There were even led strobes and reflective vests on hand for the hours of darkness.  Really, the main suggestions I have deal with organization and information flow.  Consider offering package pick-up a little earlier and either include the basic information (route, package pick-up details, etc) on the registration sheet, website, or via email prior to the event.  Did I mention the volunteers were awesome?  Again, great inaugural event.  Hope you do it again next year.  

• TripleF Rookie 3 posts since
    Nov 8, 2007
    2. Jun 2, 2011 5:04 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Cures for the Colors 100 mile Walk/Run Reviews

I agree with the first review.  A really nice first attempt.  Lot's of great points! 1) a great bunch of people put this on, 2) course was nice, especially after dark, 3) great aid stations . .  super drink selection, hot dogs, pizza, etc.  Much needed after 30 miles! 3) good time of year selection.  A few details to work out for next year.  But I sure hope there will be a next year for this race.  The ultra community here in NC just flat didn't find out about this event until a week or so before the race.  Much to late.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...