Skip navigation

932 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2011 4:21 PM by pv55jbrian RSS
Currently Being Moderated

May 15, 2011 10:17 PM

Warrior Dash - Georgia Reviews

Share your experiences with the Warrior Dash - Georgia below Back to event details page.

• Natasha1534 Amateur 7 posts since
    Jan 23, 2011
    1. May 15, 2011 10:17 PM (in response to Guest )
    Re: Warrior Dash - Georgia Reviews

Absolutely the most fun I've EVER had doing a race. The staff on hand was very helpful and encouraging (as well as the spectators). It was a much tougher race than I thought it would be, simply b/c it's A LOT of running up a Mountain. Toughest obstacle, hands down, was the 12 foot wall. It's the only one I couldn't tackle (I tried several times and never got above the 2nd step, but I will kick that wall's butt next year!!!). Definitely a great event!!!

• BearGator56 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 17, 2008
    2. May 16, 2011 7:15 AM (in response to Guest )

This was my first time running the Warrior Dash, and it was tougher than expected.  I run 2-3 miles 3 times a week, but that wasn't enough to prepare for the constant uphill climbs on the course.  It definitely wore me down.  The obstacles themselves weren't more than anyone could handle, but being muddy and wet definitely added a degree of difficulty.  The wall that Natasha mentioned above was actually 20 feet tall.

The event itself was well organized once inside, but signage on the roads and trail leading in were lacking.  We completely missed the designated parking area in town and wound up at the entrance to the Dash.  No problem, though, as there were plenty of local establishments offering parking for the same price as the Dash (and they were right across the street).  Once I got to the main area, everything was easy to get to and understand.  For a first timer, I was expecting signs directing us where to pick up our packets on the trail leading in.

Once completed, there was plenty of food and drink available.  Bands and music played throughout the day.  Crazy costumes everywhere.  We didn't camp or stay in the area, so consuming of beer was halted before it got too crazy.  With all the police out in front, you definitely want to watch that.  Everyone I encountered was cool.

This was a challenging event, but not something to be discouraged of if you're "out of shape."  It's fun, and everyone around you will motivate you.  I would highly recommend running stadium bleachers as part of your training.  Resistance or weight training isn't necessary, but it would help to avoid injury.  Core training, especially.  I'm feeling soreness mostly in my shoulders, abs, and back two days later.

I'll definitely be back next year.  For now, it's time to get ready for the MetroDash!

• Richard Bakare Amateur 17 posts since
    Sep 27, 2007
    3. May 16, 2011 7:19 AM (in response to Guest )

Even harder than last year's course and worth it. They really tried to separate the weak from the strong this year and they threw a great party. It is amazing how well organized they manage to to keep everything with all the mayhem and masses everywhere.

Simplicty is the ultimate form of sophistication - Da Vinci

• pv55jbrian Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 22, 2011
    4. May 17, 2011 4:21 PM (in response to Guest )

Most fun I have ever had at a race!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...