Skip navigation

43464 Views 220 Replies Latest reply: Jun 15, 2011 10:06 AM by adanny14 Go to original post 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 Previous Next
  • Sofie04 Expert 53 posts since
    Feb 5, 2011
    Currently Being Moderated
    195. May 12, 2011 5:17 PM (in response to adanny14)
    Re: NBA Championship Pick
    Bynum got 5 games for his elbow to Barea...poor Barea...he's so short and everyone was talking about the hit saying he's 5-3 or something.
  • Had13 Expert 53 posts since
    Feb 4, 2011
    197. May 13, 2011 12:55 PM (in response to adanny14)

He didn't shoot much because Chicago lead the whole game and Booze was tearing it up.  Chicago beat Miami already 3x with Rose shooting 20+ per game and scoring 30+ per game so clearly they can beat Miami if he shoots that much.

Feb 4, 2011
    199. May 13, 2011 2:21 PM (in response to adanny14)

Bosh usually plays poorly against Boozer. Whether the games were close or not Chicago still one and Miami is still the worst close out team in the NBA statistically.  The Celtics beat Miami three times in the regular season with Perkins and lost without him. The Celtics played terribly after the trade and nobody in their right mind thinks the Celtics were the same team at the beginning of the season as they were in the playoffs.  Rose only took 7 shots in the first half of the Atlanta game because he sat a ton.  They got out to such a big lead he went to the bench a lot to give him some rest.  Chicago's ability to win will rely heavily on the play of Boozer Noah and Deng but to say that Rose can't take 25 shots if they are to win is flat out rediculous.  Especially since they have done that exact thing 3 times already this year.  The heat's biggest weakness is their pg defense and interior defense which are exactly Rose's strengths.

• Sofie04 Expert 53 posts since
    Feb 5, 2011
    200. May 13, 2011 4:54 PM (in response to adanny14)

I ABSOLUTLY agree with you adanny on that. I like it soo much better when Rose has tons of assists instead of a lot of points (compared to the small number of the other players on the court). When the Bulls pass the ball and everyone on the floor gets involved, they have a better chance of winning.

And about the Bulls v Heat regular season series. The first game LeBron didn't play...and the bulls won by Korver's 3 at the end (yay:) so it was really close. If James had played, the game would definatly be different.

Then the second game happened, and Bosh shot like 1-17...which is one of the worst shooting performances in basketball (i think i heard someone say). But in this game, instead of Rose taking the game winning shot like most stars would, he drew in the defenders and passed out to deng for a game winning 3.

The third game, the refs called a push on the heat during a free throws deng missed so he made a few more free throws. It was a bad call, but the bulls won.

Obviously the heat have changed since then, but the bulls have just as good of a defence as they had when they won those three games.

Feb 4, 2011
    201. May 14, 2011 9:29 AM (in response to Sofie04)

Just because you like it better does't mean it makes the bulls better. Rose is the most prolific offensive threat in the NBA so to say he needs to score less its flat out stupid.  He needs to take good shots and make them if they are to win but when Korver is 1-8 from the three Booze has six points in a game what is he supposed to do?  You can't get assists when the rest of your team is not scoring.  Just because Chicago won all three games where they were close doesn't mean they didn't deserve the win.  A win by one point is just as good as a win by thirty.  It's kind of like your point that derrick rose doesn't deserve to score thirty a game because he makes a lot of free throws.  I would like to know how the heat have changed since a month ago when Chicago beat them last?  Just because they beat a struggling, injured Celtics team doesn't all the sudden make them champions. Granted I think they will beat chicago but the win over Boston with Perkins gone, Shaq injured and Rondo playing with one arm is not impressive in the least. Boston has been bad since the trade and are barely an above average team at 100% let alone with all the injuries.  Did anyone even watch those games? Especially games 4 and 5 Boston lead the whole way and threw away the ball in the last few min to lose. Miami did not come back to win Boston gave the games away.  7 UNFORCED turnovers in the last few min.  The clippers would have beat Boston if they played like that let alone Miami.

• lbj6 Amateur 25 posts since
    Mar 15, 2010
    202. May 14, 2011 2:35 PM (in response to Had13)

Beat boston already , chicago is next

• AnnetteArd Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 22, 2011
    203. May 15, 2011 8:03 AM (in response to adanny14)

I pick the Mavs to beat the Thunder in the West in 6 games and in the East, the Bulls to beat the Heat in 7 games.  Finals - Mavs over the Bulls in 6 games.

Feb 4, 2011
    204. May 15, 2011 7:41 PM (in response to Sofie04)

Hey ADanny and Sofie how does it feel to be wrong AGAIN!  Just have to say I loved watching Lebron being completley insignificant in a big playoff game just like the last 7 years!  It's going to be a long series but it looks like the same old Lebron has showed up this year.

• drosealltheway Rookie 6 posts since
    May 16, 2011
    205. May 17, 2011 3:37 AM (in response to Had13)
    I think the mavs because they are on a streak :)
  • iHoopstar10 Rookie 1 posts since
    May 16, 2011
    206. May 17, 2011 10:39 AM (in response to adanny14)

i know seriously ? who doesnt care about whats happing next

• drosealltheway Rookie 6 posts since
    May 16, 2011
    207. May 17, 2011 11:46 AM (in response to iHoopstar10)

i also think the -HATRED- heat. im from cleveland

Feb 4, 2011
    209. May 17, 2011 3:12 PM (in response to adanny14)

How about the fact that rose shot 22 times while sitting the bench a ton in the 2nd quarter.  So when D rose was in he was scoring as usuall. So clearly if Rose plays 40 min and shoots 3 more times Chicago would not have been crushed by the heat as you said and that is in no way a key to this series. And Bosh usually plays bad against boozer look at the stats. He had one good game. usually means most of the time not everytime.  Bosh still USUALLY plays bad against booze and is not the kind of player that can win playoff games if he's the #1 man. Ask Toronto.  Chicago can beat Miami if Rose shoots 25x again just like they can have the best record in the NBA if rose shoots 25x a game.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points