Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

6080 Views 29 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2011 11:29 PM by Nursey318 1 2 Previous Next
CeLisa323 Rookie 4 posts since
Oct 11, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

May 23, 2011 9:13 AM

Starting C25K tonight (5-23-2011), anyone with me?

I am beginning C25K today, Anyone else? I need motivation, I've been doing yoga, kickboxing and zumba pretty regular these past couple of weeks and now I would like to actually train for something. I am looking to register for a 5K in the next couple of months in the Atlanta or East Alabama area if anyone has any input. Thank you! I look forward to the motivation we can give each other.

CeLisa

• jliller3 Pro 119 posts since
    May 6, 2011

CeLisa,  I started C25K almost 6 weeks ago and could not be happier with the program!  I thought I would have to repeat days or weeks, but I haven't.  It is a really great program and you can trust it to not let you down!  Good luck out there!

Jeannette

"Spectacular achievements are always preceded by unspectacular preparation" ~Roger Staubach

Started C25K - April 18, 2011

Graduated C25K - June 17, 2011

Started Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Program - June 19, 2011

First 5K - July 2, 2011  Time:  34:21

2nd 5K - August 13, 2011   Time:  33:18

• jhallGFX Rookie 1 posts since
    May 23, 2011
    3. May 23, 2011 10:33 AM (in response to CeLisa323)
    Re: Starting C25K tonight (5-23-2011), anyone with me?

Just started yesterday. Found this forum while searching for more information on just exactly what I was doing. I'll motivate you if you motivate me! I've been doing P90X for the last few months and decided I would try running as my next challenge. I thought that because I had been doing P90X that running would be a piece of cake but I was wrong. About a week ago I decided to try going all out and ended up with VERY sore legs within the first 5 minutes. Breathing was good though. P90X helped prepare me for that part of it. The soreness in my legs caught me total surprise though. So I had to face the facts and admit to myself that I was just a beginner and that I need to find a training program. And that's how I came across C25K. And like I said, started yesterday, and while the soreness was there it was so much better than my adventure in running a week ago. As of right now I don't know if I'm going to keep do the weight training part of P90X on my off days from running or if the running is going to be good enough and I'm going to stop P90X all together. I'm thinking since running isn't going to work my chest, shoulders, and arms very much I should probably stick with those workouts on my off days.. Make those my "strength days" as opposed to my "running/cardio days." Anyways, that's my story. I'm here for ya if you need the motivation or support! Good luck on your run today!!!

• bscileppi Rookie 1 posts since
    Mar 2, 2008
    4. May 23, 2011 12:17 PM (in response to jhallGFX)
    Re: Starting C25K tonight (5-23-2011), anyone with me?

Hi there! I just wanted to chime in here and say I wish you all the best with your training. 5k's are a blast to run and can also become addicting. It's not about what place you finish especially when you run your first race, but being surrounded by all the like minded people that gets you fired up. I used to do a lot of running and races along with Beachbody workouts, but I have taken kind of a running break and just do Beachbody workouts right now. If you ever want to add me on facebook I would love to hear how it is going or we can just bounce off each other what we did that day for exercise. Support is huge while training and trying to stay motivated. I love this stuff!!  Bridget Carney Scileppi on facebook. Take care.

Bridget Scileppi

Independent Beachbody Coach

http://www.beachbodycoach.com/bridgets

• roslanche Rookie 1 posts since
    May 23, 2011

Today is my first day as well.  I am a little nervous because I have not worked out in a while, although I do a lot of walking.  I wish you the best!

• donnaglass Rookie 1 posts since
    May 21, 2011

Hey CeLisa

I too started the c25K this evening.. found it a little tough half way through but was delighted i managed to complete the programme.. i think i will have to repeat the first week but we will see how it goes.. Hope you got on well with your traning

Donna

• steadyrunner Amateur 18 posts since
    Feb 22, 2010

Hi CeLisa,

I am with you girl. I have been meaning to start C25k for some time but have been stalling and tomorrow morning will be my W1D1. Best of luck to you and congratulations to the rest who have finished their day one. I have been doing some Strength training DVDs and want to add a cardio to it. Lets be there for each other till the end and I am sure all of us can reach our goals. I am looking to sign myself up for 5k end of July ...that should help me get to the finish line.

Take care

Fariha

• Nursey318 Amateur 17 posts since
    Apr 28, 2011

I started on the 21st- I definitely could use some motivation, too! I have always thought I was too uncoordinated to run, even though I wanted to. this plan seems to be the perfect thing for true beginner's like myself. Good luck to everyone who is on this path with us!!!

"Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections, but instantly set about remedying them- every day a task anew."

-St. Francis DeSales

• KLMacy Rookie 3 posts since
    Oct 13, 2010

I started yesterday morning!  I am so glad I found this.  I am excited to hear how others are doing.  I have a few questions and I'm hoping someone could help me out. 

How do you know if you need to repeat a week or even a day? 

I am running at high altitude (7500ft).  I come from the coast (& will eventually go back) but is there anything special I need/should know? 

I'm feeling good today!  My tush is a little sore but not unbearable.  Looking for something to do on my "off days". 

• Irish Mustang Expert 47 posts since
    May 24, 2011

Count me in today I got off the couch. did week 1 day 1

• steadyrunner Amateur 18 posts since
    Feb 22, 2010

Just finished my W1D1. Towards the end my legs were killing me but eventually I pulled through. This is my 2nd time doing C25K. Last year around the same time I did my first 5k. Once I finished, I stopped running and now after more than 10 months I am back to square 1. This time I am hoping to keep going even after I graduate from C25k. Most likely tomorrow I will do one of my Jillian Michael's DVD for strength training.

Happy running,

Fariha

• jliller3 Pro 119 posts since
    May 6, 2011

KLMacy - It's nice to hear someone else is running at altitude.  I'm at about 7200 in Colorado.  I'm on W6D2 and haven't had a problem with my breathing.  I think that is because we have been here for several years and I'm used to it.  My husband has been running for years and says it's great when you go back to sea level.  He says you can pretty much run forever!  (wouldn't that be nice!)

Good luck to those of you who are just starting.  Before you know it you will be saying "I could barely run 60 seconds a month ago and now I'm running 2 miles!"  It happens before you know it!

Jeannette

"Spectacular achievements are always preceded by unspectacular preparation" ~Roger Staubach

Started C25K - April 18, 2011

Graduated C25K - June 17, 2011

Started Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Program - June 19, 2011

First 5K - July 2, 2011  Time:  34:21

2nd 5K - August 13, 2011   Time:  33:18

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...