Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

5699 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Jan 16, 2008 7:10 AM by Manny_A
NA_Umpires Community Moderator 350 posts since
May 30, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 4, 2007 10:54 AM

May I borrow a fork ? Or a shovel ?

So, it's been about 3 weeks since anyone posted here. Which do I need, a fork to stick in to see if it's done, or a shovel to bury it because it's dead ?

Discuss amongst yourselves...:D

NABCLL VP 13-18 Baseball, Umpire-in-Chief http://www.nayouthbaseball.org
NAVYU (youth umpires) - http://eteamz.active.com/naumpires

Merrimack Valley Umpires Association Board of Directors - http://www.mvua.org

• saraallent Active.com Staff 1,094 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    1. Dec 5, 2007 10:15 AM (in response to NA_Umpires)
    Re: May I borrow a fork ? Or a shovel ?

Get it rollin...I'm pretty active in the baseball community but not necessarily the official baseball rules community. I'm interested though so please by all means post and I will reply or at the very least I'll read it. Let's get it going!

• LPBTexas Amateur 21 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    2. Dec 5, 2007 11:20 AM (in response to NA_Umpires)

It should pick up once baseball starts again.

• Manny_A Legend 841 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    3. Dec 5, 2007 11:54 AM (in response to LPBTexas)

That, and when the eteamz board finally dies, whenever that happens.

Old habits just die hard.  I've been posting on eteamz since back when it was the Team Discovery discussion board.  Even though my profile over there says I've been a member since 2000, it goes even further back than that.  I have printed copies of threads I participated in when I first started umpiring in 1997, most of them questions I asked that Jim Booth and Bob Pariseau answered.

So until the eteamz board finally does go away, I'm going to stay "over there," while occasionally coming back here to see if someone's started a new thread.

Manny

• Mason_Dixon_Blue Legend 250 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    4. Dec 11, 2007 7:57 PM (in response to Manny_A)

You're right Manny.  The Active board won't really get going until the Eteamz board is shut down for good. (or bad)   People don't want to try posting to two different boards on (basically) the same site.

Active.com made a big deal about this enormous RELAUNCH.  Personally, I'm not seeing it.  All they did was ruin a really good board by eliminating the profiles and spell checker and the such.

In my humble opinion, they should pull the plug on this board and concentrate all of their efforts on rebuilding the Eteamz board to what it once was.

• Michael_Taylor Community Moderator 318 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    5. Dec 16, 2007 12:02 PM (in response to Mason_Dixon_Blue)

Baseball is coming! We have our first meeting of the year 1/6. We are also planning another umpire clinic but this time we will do it at a local indoor facility. I agree with others, once Eteamz stops it will pick up here.

Michael S. Taylor

• bluedog66 Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 4, 2007
    6. Jan 11, 2008 5:43 PM (in response to LPBTexas)

I don't think we'll have to wait for the season to start. There should be plenty of gyrating and nashing of teeth going on any minute now once registrations start taking place. I would expect it to start with the new 12 year old rule and go to the implementation of the mandatory breakaway bases, then perhaps to the 5 run rule in the minors. All things that may strike panic in the unprepared hearts of those anticipating their upcoming draft.

BD

• TG. Legend 954 posts since
    Jul 25, 2007
    7. Jan 13, 2008 7:09 PM (in response to bluedog66)

test to see if I can post here .... can't make a post stick on Eteamz ... ready to give up on the board

• Manny_A Legend 841 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    8. Jan 16, 2008 7:10 AM (in response to bluedog66)

I would expect it to start with the new 12 year old rule and go to the implementation of the mandatory breakaway bases, then perhaps to the 5 run rule in the minors.

I might agree with the 12s in Majors and the five-run rule, but I don't see why the mandatory breakaway bases would cause any significant discussions.  The requirement for the bases has been in the LL rulebook for a couple of years now leading up to the 2008 season.  It should come as no surprise to anyone.  Shame on those leagues that waited until now to do something about the rule, and did not prepare for it.

Manny Aponte

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...