Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

18080 Views 101 Replies Latest reply: Dec 21, 2007 11:32 AM by jjmoore033 Go to original post 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Previous Next
  • jtpaten Rookie 51 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    15. Dec 16, 2007 4:57 AM (in response to Lee4545)
    Re: so where do I find my Cool Running log?

I can't even find the Active Trainer to access my log to get to the level of frustration the rest of you are at. What the hell?

Update: I finally found it and I'm now waiting for the merge. Anticipating it will suck, where is everyone fleeing to? Who has the best free running log on the 'net now? I'd hate to have to start from scratch but I may have no choice.

• Nucleus Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    16. Dec 16, 2007 4:56 AM (in response to dannel071)

i cant find my log either. im getting tons of error messages instead. slow like ****, takes several minutes to log my data. this is not an upgrade! this new thing is unreliable crap. now you have to pay for shoe mileage.   i downloaded my coolrunning log a week ago, so  theres a way for anyone to get back the old data without trying to convert it to active's database format, its only a couple hundred kilobytes.  .... coolrunning log was much better....

• runzlong Rookie 1 posts since
    Oct 17, 2007
    17. Dec 16, 2007 5:07 AM (in response to Lee4545)

I agree the wording "upgrade" was just PR spin. The Active bought out Coolrunning for profit and now will charge us for less content.  I have used Active to register for races in the past but will avoid them in the future.   I loged my December runs in the Runner's World log.  It is OK.  Coolrunning was perfect.  If anyone finds another site they like, let me know.  Susan

• Fast Edison Rookie 24 posts since
    Oct 14, 2007
    18. Dec 16, 2007 5:25 AM (in response to runzlong)

runners world logs seems pretty good.  not too fancy and they load pretty quick.  definitely not 3 screens to enter one run.  its a bit of work re-adding all shoes and routes but its completely freee at least!  i wish there were a way to import data from another program, or even excel but i haven't found that yet

• Lee4545 Rookie 25 posts since
    Aug 27, 2007
    19. Dec 16, 2007 5:27 AM (in response to runzlong)

Runnersworld.com is much better than this because it is easier to customize. If you cross-train just rename your "routes" on the runnersworld log to various other crosstraining exercises.

Of course the calendar is no where near as good. coolrunning was such an aweosme tool.so sad...but I'm going to use runnersworld until I find a btter option or Active makes this log more customizable.

http://traininglog.runnersworld.com/landingpage.aspx

• longislandjimmy Rookie 2 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    20. Dec 16, 2007 5:37 AM (in response to dannel071)

It's disheartening reading all these posts.  Usually, no matter what it is, you'd get SOMEONE saying, "well...I kind-of like the new stuff..." but we're not even seeing that.  I have not tried the new interface yet, nor looked to see if my data is there, but I too loved the CR log and it sounds like I will be very disappointed.  I meant to get to the CR site before the "upgrade" and get a CSV file of my data, but I forgot.  Bummed.

Jim

• longislandjimmy Rookie 2 posts since
    Dec 15, 2007
    21. Dec 16, 2007 5:43 AM (in response to longislandjimmy)

Ok...now I'm REALLY disheartened, since I cannot find a link to my log ANYWHERE once I log in!  This is even a BIGGER bummer than before!

Jim

Aug 27, 2007
    22. Dec 16, 2007 6:17 AM (in response to dannel071)

hey guys something positive has happened my running and swimming workouts have been saved and have succesfully been transfered from coolrunning.com to activetrainer but all my custom workouts that i logged ie surfing, stretching, PT, CrossFit workouts have all disappeared

So good thing is that the data for swimming and running has been merged .

Problem is Active.com didnt recognize how important for many of us was the ability to customize various workouts.. and view/ them and enter them with ease.

Also active your pace calcualtor for all swimming workouts whether meters or yards is not functioning correctly.

Active needs to learn from what coolrunning did:

-show weekly workout totals for each exercise

-add the ability to add customized workouts NOT just the workouts you have in the drop down menu.

-Please allow us to add workouts somehow to that drop down menu!

-Please add for swim workouts a way to enter the total workout time without having to segment it into warmup/main set /cool/down- it is too time consuming. Add this to the dropdown menu. I just want to be able to enter 3K meters or yards/ donme in one hour and see my pace per mile....this function is not working..

-allow the user to customize more easily  enter  route names PLEASE of various workouts!

If you just exported your data from coolrunning to active ..it takes a few hours

• Mike Bandru Pro 118 posts since
    Nov 14, 2007
    23. Dec 16, 2007 6:14 AM (in response to huskydon)

This is a complete waste of time and impossible to use. What ever happened to user freindly. I am outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!

• DashinDave53 Rookie 4 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    24. Dec 16, 2007 6:18 AM (in response to dannel071)

Well, have fun trying to figure this mess out (and paying for the privilege of same).  I only had data since march but I feel for all of u who are years-in.

I'm heading over to RunningAHEAD and give that a try.  Start 2008 fresh.

Re: so where do I find my Cool Running log?^)

Aug 27, 2007
    25. Dec 16, 2007 6:36 AM (in response to Lee4545)

Hey guys after spending all morning with this thing I think I over-reacted it is not nearly as bad as we think.

Actually it is pretty nice just takes some time to get used to it.. It is much better than runnerworld.com after putting some time into it

Wait a bit and your running and swimming details will be transfered over.

ActiveTrainer please add the ability to name training routes or at least the ability to more specificaly name a swim , run or strength training workout.

I do Masters workouts at 2 diffrent programs ,do various type of strength training ie PT, CrossFit -allow us to name theses somehow and add them.

• Lloyd035 Rookie 5 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    26. Dec 16, 2007 6:55 AM (in response to dannel071)

Maybe it's just me but it took me forever just to find the place to merge data. I finally found it at  http://www.activetrainer.com/ . Log in, upper right corner.

Aug 27, 2007
    27. Dec 16, 2007 6:57 AM (in response to dannel071)

ActiveTrainer.com ..I attempted to sign up for the monthly fee and am unable to get it into my shopping cart and pay for it. I have tried multiple times.

Is there a one-year plan rather than monthly?

• janinsanfran Rookie 8 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    28. Dec 16, 2007 7:09 AM (in response to dannel071)

Sure can't find any sign of my log anywhere -- or even a message that the transition is incomplete. Annoying, since I don't want any of the rest of this junk.

• cooldad097 Rookie 13 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    29. Dec 16, 2007 7:17 AM (in response to dannel071)

I have to say when I hear the systems folks say they are going to "upgrade" the system, my expectations are low.  This takes the cake though.  Just let me have access to my running log in a download-able format and I'll be on my way.  I have serious doubt though as to whether I'll ever achieve that.

1 2 3 4 ... 7 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...