Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

12090 Views 27 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2009 12:39 PM by Healthymommy1 1 2 Previous Next
elishabelle Rookie 1 posts since
Nov 12, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Dec 16, 2007 1:29 PM

sports bras...any good suggestions?

I am finding that a lot of my sports bras stretch out quickly. Any suggestions on a good brand? Fit?

• crtrujillo Amateur 8 posts since
    Oct 2, 2007
    1. Dec 19, 2007 3:25 PM (in response to elishabelle)
    Re: sports bras...any good suggestions?

I always go to running stores and get the kind with actual sizes instead of S, M, L.  I'm not too sure about the brand though.

• Yodiwan Pro 123 posts since
    Oct 1, 2007
    2. Dec 19, 2007 3:53 PM (in response to elishabelle)

I guess it would depend on what size you are (not to be too indelicate!) but I find that Zoot tends to be cut smaller (and is less stretchy) than, say, Champion.  Nike is cut a little larger and seems a little more stretchy.  I also have some Prana sports bras, but they're stretchier (and more for yoga than cardio), so you should probably avoid those.  That said, all those brands have different lines, so I'm sure Nike also has very unstretchy bras.  Activa (www.activasports.com) has a lot of information about fit (and, even more important, fit across different brands).  They also rank bras 1, 2, 3 depending on whether they offer light, moderate or maximum support.  I've found they're one of the best online resources for sports bras and they have a good selection.

Also, you didn't specifically ask about this, but what sports are you doing?  Running bras would obviously need to provide more support than, say, cycling tops (although cycling bras provide much more coverage since they're designed to be be worn while leaning over).  At any rate, I definitely agree with the previous poster who suggests going to a running store -- they're more likely to sell "real" sports bras rather than a general sporting goods store that sells whatever is hot these days.

Somewhere in the world someone is training when you are not.  When you race him, he will win.

• hpnotiqa Rookie 5 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    3. Dec 22, 2007 6:39 PM (in response to elishabelle)

Under Armour works really great for me. The only thing I don't like about them is that they make me look like I'm completely flat. But hey, I'm only a size A, I can wear any type of sports bra. My problem is finding regular bras. I don't really know which problem is worse.

• gamboagirl Rookie 10 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    4. Dec 30, 2007 6:25 PM (in response to elishabelle)

I really like the Lucy (lucy.com) brand. They seem to work well for me. Also, if you're bigger, I heard that the Enell brand is really good.

• KRISSY SMITH Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 10, 2008
    5. Jan 19, 2008 5:47 PM (in response to elishabelle)

Hello~ You simply have to check out Victoria's Secret Shock absorber sports bra. They don't do the uni-boob thing and provide great support with out cutting off your circulation. They last too, I never dry mine though.

Krissy

• Active Belle Expert 9 posts since
    Nov 19, 2007
    6. Mar 26, 2008 2:08 PM (in response to KRISSY SMITH)

Here are some new sports bras that sounds pretty good. Has anyone used any of the one mentioned in this article?

• TallAngel11 Rookie 1 posts since
    Apr 3, 2008
    7. Apr 3, 2008 10:02 AM (in response to elishabelle)

Absolutely try the Enell sports bra.  No bounce.  No kidding.  Follow their sizing recommendations to the T.  I bought mine in Boulder, CO (no pun intended!)

• Megsbee Rookie 3 posts since
    Oct 30, 2007
    8. Apr 3, 2008 2:12 PM (in response to elishabelle)

Yes!  I love the NuMetrex Sports Bra...  It's supportive and it includes heart rate sensors so you can monitor your heart without the strap. 

I've been wearing it for a years and it hasn't stretched out or lost its support.

• activewoman Rookie 1 posts since
    May 12, 2008
    9. May 12, 2008 9:34 PM (in response to elishabelle)

I'm not so sure about sports bras but "Smarty Pants" are awesome as a base layer underwear. No panty lines, comfy and wicking.

• Jane@physiobench.com Rookie 6 posts since
    May 12, 2008
    10. May 13, 2008 12:29 AM (in response to elishabelle)

I use patagonia. They are a bit costly, but I find that they last years. I use them for all sorts of sports - biking running climbing and find them equally good whatever.

i.e breathable but lots of support.

I have to admit though I don't have too much to support   

• mvalenti Community Moderator 84 posts since
    Jul 11, 2007
    11. May 13, 2008 9:23 AM (in response to Jane@physiobench.com)

Nice! I always wondered if Patagonia underwear was worth the money.

• arichardson722 Rookie 1 posts since
    May 13, 2008
    12. May 13, 2008 10:35 AM (in response to elishabelle)

Go to www.lucy.com, it's a women's activewear company. They have a great selection of bras. My personal favorite is the T-Back sports bra by champion, it gives you some shape while also giving you serious support. lucy seperates the bras by: high and low impact, full figure, all-day support, so you will know what section to go to! Sign up on their list and get monthly discounts- totally worth the additional email! Also, if you're in the market for pants- they have a cool "pants in lengths" section, so for those of you out there that are petite they have short lengths and for the tall ones, they have tall lengths. They also range in sizes from 0-18!

• Epona Rookie 40 posts since
    Apr 24, 2008
    13. May 14, 2008 1:58 AM (in response to elishabelle)

I've got two models of 'shock absorber' - they're pretty hardcore (the 'high impact' end of their range) but very comfortable for running in. They come in back/cup sizes so you really get something that fits (important if you're quite full chested!). So I'd thoroughly recommend that brand.

• Yahisha Rookie 2 posts since
    May 16, 2008
    14. May 16, 2008 2:18 PM (in response to elishabelle)

I went to my local running store, Track Shack in Orlando and got fitted for a bra.  A world of difference!  The I have is the Moving Comfort Fiona bra.  It has a clasp in the back like a regular bra and has adjustable straps.  I am a D cup and found that many bras were to high in my inner arm and allowed for too much bounce.  This one works really well. 

Good luck!

Lourdes Y.

1 2 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...