Skip navigation

1063 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 22, 2010 12:34 PM by ActiveWatches Dave RSS
gatorman10 Legend 242 posts since
Apr 23, 2003
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 21, 2010 11:48 AM

Which Garmin?

I run and cycle....  Swim...  Not so much.  with that said of all the Garmin "watches" out there and cost not being a factor which one do you recommend for use on the bike and on the run?

Thanks for your time!!!

• Jim Caprio Rookie 1 posts since
    Aug 1, 2010
    1. Aug 21, 2010 12:48 PM (in response to gatorman10)
    Re: Which Garmin?

I use a Garmin Forerunner 305 with heartrate monitor...It keeps Time, Distance, Heart Rate, and Pace all on one screen.

I hate running without it

JIM

• ActiveWatches Dave Legend 207 posts since
    Apr 13, 2010
    2. Aug 22, 2010 12:34 PM (in response to Jim Caprio)
    Re: Which Garmin?

If price isn't an issue, go with the Garmin 310xt.  It does everything that the 305 does, plus much more.  It's got a GPS and a heart rate monitor, and it's got some neat features unavailable in the other Garmin watches.  Also, it's a watch tailored towards the three triathlon sports.  I recognize that you don't swim often, but when you do, it can be used to track your swim distance and has a feature to time all three sports smoothly.  And unlike the other Forerunners, the 310xt is waterproof to 50 meters as opposed being just water-resistant.  I also highly suggest a cadence sensor if you're a frequent cyclist.

Good luck.

ActiveWatches.com - The Place for Sports Watches

blog.png  facebook.png  twitter.png

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...