Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

3567 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 24, 2010 8:28 PM by KsNewRunner RSS
KsNewRunner Amateur 22 posts since
Jun 22, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 24, 2010 11:32 AM

Outer left foot cramping up along the side? Help and thanks! :)

The outside edge of my left foot has started cramping up on EVERY walk or run, whether it's on the treadmill or outside.  It happens within the first 5 minutes.  It's not (yet) debilitating, and I've been able to walk through it most of the time, but it's getting worse every time.

I was fitted for these shoes at the end of May. They are verrrry good shoes from the local specialty running/shoe (Gribbles) store (not a chain), and until recently they were perfect and felt great.  I have no other injuries; in fact, my knees are much better than they were months ago.  My right foot has a 'little' of the same pain, but I hardly notice it.

I am still using good socks, and wearing good shoes.  These shoes don't have that many miles on them, or wear. 

I have tried taking time off from walking....no change. I have tried walking every day....no change.

Is there a fairly inexpensive way to remedy this, if any of you have experience with it?

Thanks in advance!!

Christina

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points