Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1565 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2010 12:12 PM by StanleighCO RSS
StanleighCO Pro 69 posts since
Aug 25, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 27, 2010 9:19 PM

My opinion

I have been members of different Internet groups that offer threads. I understand that most if not all are on the C25K program but i am having troubles following personal threads. If so many people in this group are on the C25K program, why not create a C25K group here or personalize their conversations.  When all have the same subject and the topics vary...why not make your thread unique to you?

Example: "Subject: C25K-I've finally completed W2!!!!!"

This is my opinion, what about you?

Stanley (stanleighco1 on Yahoo Messenger)

• SlogOn Legend 368 posts since
    Jan 13, 2008
    1. Aug 27, 2010 9:30 PM (in response to StanleighCO)
    Re: My opinion

Most runners do seem to be following C25K although some have made necessary alterations & amendments to suit their individualized requirements.

If you look carefully at the thread titles - most indicate a start week for the program & individuals commencing that week hop on board. While we're all newbies, it's often easier to establish a cameraderie with a smaller group & when you're more or less at the same point in the program - it becomes more meaningful to report successes or challenges within that smaller group that's in the same week.

As to other, more general threads - anybody can read or respond... or not depending on if they find the thread title promises something of interest.

C25K STARTED: 10/12/11

COMPLETED: W2D1

FIRST RACE PLANNED: ???

Excitement is slogging through a spectacular dry lightning storm

• runningman400 Legend 191 posts since
    Aug 26, 2009
    3. Aug 28, 2010 7:02 AM (in response to StanleighCO)

It's funny that you posted this today because last night I sent a recommendation to Active.com administration to make a C25K thread in "cool runnings".  I understand that it is a great way for new runners to get going, but when I look in the "newbie" thread and 95% of the postings are about the C25K it makes me just wanna leave the thread.  Also, it makes any newbie question that doesn't have to do with the C25K harder to find in all of the C25K clutter.

Thanks for letting me vent along with you!

"WITHOUT STRUGGLE, THERE WOULD BE NO PROGRESS" - Frederick  Douglass

"TOUGH TIMES NEVER LAST, TOUGH PEOPLE DO!"

• Marykb Legend 1,347 posts since
    Jan 16, 2008
    4. Aug 28, 2010 11:24 AM (in response to StanleighCO)

I think I kind of get what you're saying.  When you look at the recent posts not only do you see umpteen variations of "I am starting C25K this week, wanna join me?" but you have certain threads that are ongoing between a handful of members and their very numerous replies are all you see.  An example is the 200 lb+ Club.  They have about a 1000 replies, all among a few people who are having personal discussions.  There isn't anything wrong with those threads, but it does seem that they could maybe have their own "team" somewhere on here that is just between them.  (I was on a half marathon team like that and it didn't come up on the general forum.)

PS... correction, the 200 lb+ Club has over 2500 replies!!!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points