Skip navigation

2367 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Jan 5, 2011 2:16 PM by Sully359 RSS
arizonaj Rookie 1 posts since
Sep 5, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 5, 2010 7:08 PM

Help...Trying to gain weight and muscle

I'm a 40 year old male looking to gain 8-10 lbs of mucle / weight. I seem to be struggling with eating enough food. Can anyone point me to a weight gaining food plan? Also, should I consider pre and / or post workout supplements? Any ideas or feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks.

• moringa4life Rookie 4 posts since
    Jun 1, 2010
    1. Sep 9, 2010 12:00 PM (in response to arizonaj)
    Re: Help...Trying to gain weight and muscle

I believe that one of the most important parts of gaining muscle is to have the proper nutrition.  If your like most people we have a fast paced, fast food lifesyle and it is hard to get the proper nutrition.  To get the proper nutrition for optimum health we really need to supplement our diets.  I have been consuming an all natural supplement that has changed my life over the past 2 years.  My overall health has never been better , I have more energy and my recovery time from my workouts is incredible.  I will be 40 next year and my goal is to be in the best overall shape in my life.  I also have a friend of mine who just broke a national bench press record for his weight and this is the only supplement he uses.  Let me know if you would like some info about this supplement.  You can send me an email at scott.sandidge@yahoo.com.

• solomarco Rookie 1 posts since
    Nov 23, 2010
    2. Nov 23, 2010 9:58 PM (in response to arizonaj)
  • moringa4life Rookie 4 posts since
    Jun 1, 2010
    3. Nov 24, 2010 5:48 AM (in response to solomarco)

Check out the testimony of a friend of mine to see how he is uses Zija as his only pre and post workout supplement.  Whether your working out and looking to gain muscle/weight or want to get your body to function at an optimum level I would suggest checking this out.  I have been on the product for over 2 years and the results are incredible.  Just a few of the benefits that I have experienced are:  decreased joint pain, fast recovery from workouts, no more allergy issues and energy all day long.  If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at scott.sandidge@yahoo.com.  Have a great day!

http://poweredbyzija.com/2010/11/10/strength-training-recovery/

• jr3578 Rookie 6 posts since
    Dec 14, 2010
    4. Dec 14, 2010 8:32 PM (in response to arizonaj)

Hi - I can help you with an eating plan to put on weight if you like.  I'm a Nutrition coach & work primarily with athletes from high school on up.  One of the major issues is helping people put on healthy weight.  A healthy diet to put on weight always starts with you breakfast.  For every pound of muscle you want to add it takes an extra 2500 calories of food over your regular caloric intake.  It's actually pretty simple you start with you core nutrition plan and then add 300-400 additional calories in a day.  If you'd like help with this email me & I'd be more than happy to assist.

Pre & Post workout supplements are great.  The pre-workout supplements, in my opinion, are not as necessary as the post.  The Pre-workout supps. are designed more for increasing muscle endurance and recovery between sets.  Post Workout Recovery drinks are very important.  Your muscle is like a sponge so before activity begins it is saturated with nutrients, but when your working out your muscle is using up the nutrients in essence like ringing a sponge out.  Just like a sponge though if you put it in water it immediately soaks up the water & resaturates just like your muscles with absorb the nutrients.  One of the biggest keys to a post workout supplement is the timing and making sure you take it 15-30 minutes after you workout.  When you do this you'll notice a decrease in soreness and you will notice it is easier to keep a strong sustained workout the next day.

There are a lot of good supplements out there, but I'm a real believer in only buying supplements from a company that spends the money to have them tested by a 3rd party company to verify they are banned substance free, and contain and will do what the company claims. 

John

john@getenergy4life.com

www.getenergy4life.com

• Sully359 Rookie 3 posts since
    Jan 5, 2011
    5. Jan 5, 2011 2:16 PM (in response to arizonaj)

Arizona -

I include a link on my site to a program that will help. It includes a diet and strength training guide - six pack abs workout routine.

FYI for full disclosure, I am an affiliate. But it's one of the best out there right now.

Thanks.

Six Pack Abs Workout Routine

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points