Skip navigation

6369 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Sep 11, 2010 10:19 PM by EPE09
PHXSuns1 Legend 361 posts since
Apr 25, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 10, 2010 5:45 PM

Carmelo Anthony to Chicago Bulls?

Will Carmelo go to Chicago? The Bulls are totally interested in him? They are looking to trade Joakim Noah,Loul Deng and Taj Gibson to Denver. The Bulls are looking into him. They want to make a big three of Derrick Rose, Carmelo Anthony and the new aqusition of Carlos Boozer this summer. The bulls are looking to get an extension for Noah, Until the October 31 dead Line for him. Will Da Bulls get Carmelo or Keep Noah and others?

amarestay.jpg

• Phenom70 Legend 574 posts since
    Jul 27, 2010
    1. Sep 10, 2010 7:55 PM (in response to PHXSuns1)
    Re: Carmelo Anthony to Chicago Bulls?

It's a 50/50 thing. Either way, if reports are true, then Melo will leave the Nuggets, and go to the Knicks, or Bulls.

The Bulls would be a great fit for him I think, and one of the teams to beat in the East, and the league. He also said he wants to be traded before the start of the season.

If that's the case, I know the Nuggets have been wanting to unload some players, but, you can't decide to rebuild in the beginning of the season like this. But, you don't want a unhappy superstar either on your shoulders. So, I think he'll go to the Knicks.

• ToughD Legend 502 posts since
    May 11, 2010
    2. Sep 11, 2010 6:17 AM (in response to PHXSuns1)

I hadn't heard that. If they do trade I think that would be a good trade for both teams.

By the way can someone tell me where the hear these trade rumors?

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

- Kevin Durant

• Fox97 Pro 94 posts since
    Jul 22, 2010
    3. Sep 11, 2010 7:36 AM (in response to PHXSuns1)

I love the thought of Melo on the Bulls since I am a huge Bulls fan. I have my problems though, with the trade. First off I can't see getting rid of Joakim an Taj, they are to young and solid players. Taj is 25 but still has alot of potential. The other problem is can they sign Melo to an extension? If it is set in stone that they get him for at least 3 more years, I say go for it! If not then keep your young guys and let them grow.

Jul 27, 2010
    4. Sep 11, 2010 7:38 AM (in response to ToughD)

Fanhouse.com.

And, it's on the bottom headlines on NBA Gametime TV...

• Pointguard1995 Legend 304 posts since
    Apr 24, 2010
    5. Sep 11, 2010 9:53 AM (in response to PHXSuns1)

As a huge Bulls fan,and someone who watched all their games last season,I really hope Melo doesnt come to Chicago.Sure he's a great player but,I dont feel we need him.Noah is the vocal leader of the team and he brings energy,aggresiveness and intensity to every game.His low-post game is improving and he is one of the best rebounders in the league.Add that to Boozer's rebounding skills,and the Bulls would be unstoppable on the offensive and defensive boards.

Plus,there's also Derrick Rose over there,and its HIS team.Can Carmelo set his ego aside and handle that?

Another thing.While Melo is the best pure scorer in the league,he does take alot of shots to get alot of points,and he never gets his teammates involved.He's a decent rebounder and a mediocre defender.

He's a good player.There's no denying that.But players like him dont fit in someone like Tom Thibodeau's system.

• KelvieT Amateur 27 posts since
    Jan 15, 2010
    6. Sep 11, 2010 10:01 AM (in response to PHXSuns1)

Everything you said was true.Carmelo really wants to go to New York cause his wife lives there,but he did say he would like to play for the Bulls.I think he goes to New York.

Jul 27, 2010
    7. Sep 11, 2010 4:32 PM (in response to Pointguard1995)

It's going to be huge losing Noah, but getting a player of Melo's caliber is too hard to past up, no matter how much future potential a player has.

Besides, Noah is like David Lee, but lacks the offensive ability, but has better defensive abilities.

Anyways, Melo should know that if he wants to win a title, he needs to definetely start trying to play defense, and Tom will incorporate that into his mind, to get it done on both ends of the court.

It just depends what Melo is going for. He can go to a bigger market with the NYK, or he can stay in Denver, but either way, if he goes to the East, it will be more challenging. I think he may stay for part of the season and get traded later on.

• Pointguard1995 Legend 304 posts since
    Apr 24, 2010
    8. Sep 11, 2010 5:05 PM (in response to Phenom70)

You made good points,but Noah is such a great leader for this team.He's the only person that gets in guys' faces to tell them how bad they're playing.Derrick Rose is still too quite and timid to do all those things right now.I've seen alot of Denver Nugget games,and I never saw Melo do it either.I understand from from an offensive point of view,Melo is gonna be GREAT for the Bulls,and he'll certainly improve defensively,but Noah has all the intangibles Melo can only dream of.That is exactly what the Bulls need,because they dont have guys that can step up and do those type of things.

• EPE09 Legend 508 posts since
    Dec 28, 2009
    10. Sep 11, 2010 10:19 PM (in response to ToughD)

Definatily. I watch SportsCenter and go online almost everyday to find out whats going on in basketball and I get nothing.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points