Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

771 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Sep 14, 2010 7:52 PM by crl8686
StanleighCO Pro 69 posts since
Aug 25, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 14, 2010 8:27 AM

If things couldn't have gotten any worse...

After returning home from a run with a sore hamstring muscle, i had hoped on a 24 hour R&R of recovery and then i was hit with a overnight job assignment. I got up Monday at around 7am and then going running by 10am in 70 degree weather...taking care of things in the afternoon and watching the US Open Tourney which was rain delayed from Sunday to CBS at around 2pm only to get work of a job assignment from 8pm to 8am. I tried and didn't get a wink of sleep. So now, about 930am and will go then. But while at this assignment i took a phone call from the person who called in sick last night...calling in sick for tonight too.  So now tonighte most likely 10pm to 8am.  And i just realize i have their keys...got to go back b4 going to sleep.

Stanley (stanleighco1 on Yahoo Messenger)

• crl8686 Legend 1,307 posts since
    Nov 11, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Sep 14, 2010 7:52 PM (in response to StanleighCO)
    Re: If things couldn't have gotten any worse...

Sometimes life does get in the way of running. It happens to virtually all runners. Put it in perspective - in a week or two you'll probably have forgotten about this streak of bad luck. And look at the bright side - it's an extra day for your hamstring to recover.

2014 highlights...

@ 5K: Angels Baseball Foundation 5K, Anaheim, CA, 24:15

Friends of the Villa Park Library 5K, Villa Park, CA, 24:10

Claremont Sunrise Rotary Turkey Trot, Claremont, CA, 24:23

@ 10K: Great Race of Agoura - Old Agoura 10K, Agoura Hills, CA, 50:31

Fiesta Days Run, La Canada, CA, 50:29

LA Cancer Challenge, West Los Angeles, CA, 50:25

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...