Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

649 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 14, 2010 3:22 PM by Bidimus
Bidimus Rookie 5 posts since
Aug 26, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 14, 2010 3:22 PM

Using a different plan this time...

So I was progressing through C25k nicely though not without some effort.  At week five I injured myself to the point where I couldn't run anymore.  During my "down time" I picked up Running for Mortals by John Bingham and Jenny Hadfield.  I'm almost half way through the book and have come to the conclusion that I need to slow down and do things just a little differently.  They offer a few different plans in the back of the book for various goals.

My question is really geared towards those that have read the book.  Which plan I should start back up with?  While I really need to lose weight, my first goal is to be able to run a 5k.  It boils down to their walk/run 5k plan or their weight loss running plan.

Jim Davies, Newberg, OR

Other Social Networks

Accomplishments

• Started C25k (7/26/2010)
  • Week 5 Day 1 (8/23/2010)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points