Skip navigation

807 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2010 12:27 PM by kimster01 RSS
Dubser Rookie 2 posts since
Feb 11, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 17, 2010 7:09 AM

Recommended hotels pref. near the Start area?

Hullooo all! Total newb to the MCM, and DC also... it's our nation's capital, and yet I've never been there. I know, I know.  

Can anyone recommend hotels near the start? Fancy-pants hotels not required (but open to them too! ) ...just a clean, comfy bed for a few days (clean bathroom too! Germaphobe here! Ahhh!) Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated (even if they aren't near the start but are a convenient, commutable distance.)

Thanks!

• CWCastelli Legend 375 posts since
    Aug 28, 2007
    1. Sep 17, 2010 8:17 AM (in response to Dubser)
    Re: Recommended hotels pref. near the Start area?

Not much left now. Most everything is sold out. There is a Holiday Inn in Crystal City that is convenient to Metro.  But nothing within walking distance of the start/finish at this point.  I'd look along the Metro stops heading out of town for a possible hotel.

I'm not slow, I'm rear security.

Thoroughbreds run fast and finish early.  Clydesdales run slow and pull beer wagons.  I'll be a Clydesdale.

• kimster01 Amateur 26 posts since
    Apr 9, 2010
    2. Sep 17, 2010 12:27 PM (in response to Dubser)
    Re: Recommended hotels pref. near the Start area?

This may be a bit of a distance for out-of-towners... but I personally am staying in the Tysons Corner area. DC is just too expensive and the majority of places have been sold out since bibs went on sale. The hotel I am staying out - the Courtyard Marriott is $80 a night and VERY nice. The metro is just about a 10 minute drive down the road.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points