Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

1554 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 17, 2010 11:51 AM by KristieBoo
AtchMom Rookie 1 posts since
Apr 29, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 17, 2010 10:39 AM

Time between half-marathons?

I have been running (jogging) for a few years, but still consider myself a novice.   I am considering a half marathon in early January & then another half at the end of Feb. (7 weeks between).   My goal is to simply complete the race and hopefully improve my time with the second.  Is this enough time between races?

Thanks!

• Surfing_Vol Legend 848 posts since
    Nov 6, 2007
    1. Sep 17, 2010 11:20 AM (in response to AtchMom)
    Re: Time between half-marathons?

Absolutely, as long as you are adequately trained before the first 1/2 marathon.

In fact, as long as you are running 3-4 times per week, for at least 3 miles a run, you have time to adequately prepare for the first 1/2 marathon.  Look on this website (active.com) or other websites for 1/2 marathon training plans.  Hal Higdon's plans are very popular.  Just keep in mind that you'll need to modify the plan for the period between the first and second half marathon.

Good luck, and have fun!

Presentation1.jpg

Surfing Vol

"Victory through attrition!"

Charleston Half-Marathon 1/15/2011 -- 1:52:03

The Scream! Half-Marathon 7/16/2011 -- 1:56:00

• KristieBoo Amateur 19 posts since
    Aug 25, 2009
    2. Sep 17, 2010 11:51 AM (in response to Surfing_Vol)
    Re: Time between half-marathons?

I'm doing something similar with only 5 weeks between halfs.  I plan to take it easy the week after the first half and then pick my program back up (Hal Higdon Novice HM) 4 weeks out and train from there.

~ Kristie

For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points