Skip navigation

3003 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: Aug 2, 2011 10:01 AM by Fox97 RSS
Fox97 Pro 94 posts since
Jul 22, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 18, 2010 6:16 AM

What Position Am I Most Suited For?

My dad tells me all the time that I am a PG. I have been Pg in the past but the past three years I moved to forward. I'm not for sure what position i should form my skills around. I am 5'10 140. I can dribble very well and shoot at a decent clip. I am also good at attacking the rim and getting open off the dribble. Could someone please tell me what position they think I am?

• Phenom70 Legend 574 posts since
    Jul 27, 2010
    1. Sep 18, 2010 9:04 AM (in response to Fox97)
    Re: What Position Am I Most Suited For?

PG.

You're about the height of a PG at the college level, but anything below that, you are probably taller than most players on your team.

You should dedicate a lot of time and effort into being a PG, like ball-handling, passing, dribbling, and being a good shooter. Because, if you grow, you'll have guard skills that it's hard to find in a big man, plus, you'll be back at playing the forward positions possibly.

• hooper24 Amateur 30 posts since
    Aug 10, 2010
    2. Sep 18, 2010 10:56 AM (in response to Phenom70)

i think that you should play point guard

• rusheravens51 Amateur 17 posts since
    Mar 22, 2010
    4. Sep 22, 2010 2:15 PM (in response to Fox97)

id say SF, im in 8th grade but im 6' 1" and i play SF too, i like because it suits my type of play and its really helped my game by being able to drive out from the perimeter and pull up for a jumpshot

• DEMFlash Amateur 27 posts since
    Sep 12, 2010
    5. Sep 22, 2010 6:48 PM (in response to Fox97)

i think u should be SF or SG but mostly small forward

• 23AllDayEveryDay Pro 155 posts since
    Aug 1, 2011
    6. Aug 2, 2011 7:56 AM (in response to Fox97)

You should stick to point guard or shooting guard and continue to work on ball handling, shooting, and other skills that are vital at the guard position. I am exactly the same height and size and those are the postions i play and are working at. Because if u dont grow and are 6'1 or 6'2, you'll need all those guard skills to continue to play at that height when your older. And if you do grow to be 6'6 or 6'7, then those good guard skills will help you dominate at that height. Look at Magic Johnson and Larry Bird. They had the handle of a guard at 6'9 and 6'10. So work at being a guard

• OLballer20 Expert 36 posts since
    Jul 11, 2010
    7. Aug 2, 2011 9:18 AM (in response to Fox97)

put it like this,...when you get to highschool and if you make your team, the heights of the players increase dramatically. I play sg sf and pf and im 6'3. Theres guys in my league who are 6'5 at small foward. granted your in the eighth grade, your going to get taller. If you continue to develope you dribbling and shooting you will be able to play most of the positions on the floor...meaning youll play longer in games. To  improve you dribbling do double ball dribbling drills. and remember when you do any dribble move in a game, stay low and try to always change speeds.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points