Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

774 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Sep 18, 2010 7:20 PM by BowieLinda
BowieLinda Pro 136 posts since
Jul 8, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 18, 2010 7:20 PM

Foods to eat before drill workouts in particular?

I do fine with my ordinary training runs -- running a few miles, drinking some sport drink here and there.  But I've started to add speed work and hill drills and such in, and I wonder whether there is something I need to do before an interval workout in the a.m.  When I was just doing the Couch to 5K plan, I seemed to be okay with a pretty ordinary breakfast -- a slice of toast with peanut butter, and a cup of coffee.  That doesn't cut it for me if I run fast though.  What should I do to help me last better through the brief but intense morning runs?  I feel like I'm a failure when I start to be exhausted almost before I begin!

Thanks!

Linda

C25K Training begun (Treadmill) 6/1/10); restarted 7/11/12

First run OUTDOORS - Club Fun Run 1.75 mile circuit time 26:06:72 on 7/29/10

Proud C25K Grad, 8/7/10

College Park Cares 5K Sponsored by Vecna Technologies, Inc. 9/25/10 44:04.4

Fell off of the regular running routine, experienced the DC Derecho Disaster, and now aiming to get back on track!

Future:

Jug Bay Run for Wildlife 5K 11/3/12

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points