Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

50503 Views 286 Replies Latest reply: Dec 6, 2010 10:01 AM by catwithkittens RSS 1 2 3 ... 20 Previous Next
kycanonist Expert 58 posts since
Jan 16, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 20, 2010 2:45 PM

Started C25K on Sept 20th!

I'm really excited to have found this community to get support for my start in this process.  I'm on medications that have caused me to gain a lot of weight and I'm using this as a way to get myself active to hopefully get the weight off that I've gained.  I'm officially at a higher weight than I've ever been in my life... even having been pregnant twice... and I'm done!

I did my first day today and I feel great but horrible!  I know that this isn't always going to be fun, but I look forward to the journey!

Blessings to you all!

Jacqui

Started C25K: 20 Sept 2010

C25k status: Week 4

• sravina Rookie 5 posts since
    Aug 29, 2010
    1. Sep 20, 2010 5:40 PM (in response to kycanonist)
    Re: Started C25K on Sept 20th!

Welcome! I'll be rooting for you!

• TWISTEDBLOND Amateur 27 posts since
    Jul 4, 2009
    2. Sep 20, 2010 5:52 PM (in response to kycanonist)

Hi,I've also started c25k today..This is my 2nd time around..The first time I wasn't ready,I just wanted to try something new..But,this time around I have a goal and I'm determined to follow it through..I'm running Mon,Wed & Fridays..On the treadmill for 2 day & the road 1 day until I feel comfortable enough to do all road work...Good Luck!!  

SASHA,BELIEVING IN MYSELF !!!!

• SuesYerDaddy Rookie 4 posts since
    Sep 12, 2010
    3. Sep 20, 2010 6:28 PM (in response to TWISTEDBLOND)

Hi all - I started on Saturday, the 18th.  I was going to make that a practise day and then officially start today, but my husband thought that was silly since I did complete D1 afterall (I guess I was just figuring I might need that extra day.).  It wasn't fun, but I got it done.    Today, I went for D2.  I was surprisingly in way better shape coming off of this run than from D1.  That's encouraging.  I'm actually really excited for Weds (???  -  go figure......background note:  at my most fit periods in life, and there have been a few, I have always despised running.).  I know there are going to be highs and lows but, for now, I will take the high.

I love these forums.  Lots and lots of info.

We can do this!!

- Sue

Sep 12, 2010
    4. Sep 20, 2010 6:29 PM (in response to kycanonist)

Let's do it Jacqui!

• Ms_Athena Amateur 12 posts since
    Sep 16, 2010
    5. Sep 20, 2010 9:34 PM (in response to kycanonist)

I started on the 20th also!  I will do D2 tomorrow evening.   oops just realized that today is the 20th..  I did D1 on Sunday..

• goldengirlsweety Rookie 37 posts since
    Jul 13, 2008
    6. Sep 20, 2010 9:31 PM (in response to SuesYerDaddy)

Hello everybody, my name is Debbie and I also started w1d1 today. I made it but was tired when I got thru. Actually I don't feel as tired as I thought I would. I need to get in shape, lower blood pressure, and lose weight......so I am committed to do this and glad to see I am not alone. So keep up the good work everybody, and keep the encouragement coming. Good Luck and will ck in after w1d2 for my update. Debbie

• MyMacRocks Rookie 1 posts since
    Dec 26, 2007
    7. Sep 21, 2010 6:18 AM (in response to kycanonist)

Congrats! I started last week and started week 2 yesterday. Found that by going by a local running store and getting some better fitting shoes and a couple of tips on better form that last night was much easier than I thought. I'm a 42 y/o, 240 male that hasn't run in years. Doing this to get back into shape plus my 8 and 9 year old girls are in a "Girls on the Run" program and will be running a 5k in November and need a parent to run with them. So I have two goals and a hard date!

Sep 12, 2010
    10. Sep 22, 2010 3:38 PM (in response to kycanonist)

Just finished Day 3.  Went pretty well.   Pumped it up more than D2, which was pumped up more than D1.  Still hard.  But it feels so great afterwards.  I wish it was W1 every week.  W2 starts Sat.  I am looking forward to hearing what iThinspire has in store for my iPod.

How did D2 work for you?

- Sue

• G1221 Rookie 6 posts since
    Sep 21, 2010
    11. Sep 22, 2010 4:58 PM (in response to kycanonist)

I started my C25k yesterday Sept 21, 2010. W1D1. I haven't exercised in years, and have been obese all my life.My fitness level is very similar to the contestants first day on Biggest Loser. I did struggle to complete W1D1, but I did it.

Good Luck to everyone, and congratulations on making a positive and healthy lifestyle change.

Sep 12, 2010
    12. Sep 22, 2010 6:11 PM (in response to G1221)

G1221 (I think that's it) - You did it!!!  So awesome!!  You can think about that tomorrow as you psyche yourself up for D2.  Fantastic work!!!  It gets better,

• meleani Amateur 10 posts since
    Apr 21, 2009
    13. Sep 22, 2010 11:54 PM (in response to kycanonist)

Hi - I, too, started the C25K on Monday September 20th.  I have completed the first two days now, going every other day like you (Mon, Wed and Fri) -- so far, so good.  A bit sore in the inner thighs but am enjoying it.  I had weight loss surgery about a year and a half ago, have lost over 150 pounds and am feeling great.  I decided to "attack" this running program because I needed another challenge in my life, and I also needed something to keep me accountable to an exercise routine, which this program seems to do pretty well.  I am using a free download for my ipod that talks you through each section of the walk/run, including music and encouragement.  That helps me alot.  I really want to be able to run a full 5k without stopping in under 30 minutes - that is my goal.  I have walked/run a 5K in 45 minutes in the past, so as I said, this is my next goal.  Then after that, who knows?  I am concerned about the winter coming soon as I live in the  mountains and cannot afford a treadmill right now.  Will have to wait and see how it goes.  I am thinking I will register for my first 5K run some time around Thanksgiving, which will also help to keep me on track and accountable knowing that I have that coming.   Good luck to all of you who are starting this journey along with me --

1 2 3 ... 20 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...