Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2466 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Sep 26, 2010 8:19 PM by StanleighCO
ClydesdaleRunnin Amateur 9 posts since
Mar 18, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Sep 23, 2010 11:00 AM

Agony of de-Feet

Hi - I am new here and have only been running 18 weeks.  I am male, 57 years, 6' 4" tall and 310 pounds.

When I run more than about 6 miles and get a soreness that is sort of like a bruised - it is not bruised - there is no discoloration but it hurt a little walk and it covers the entire bottom of both feet - I wear Asics Nimbus 11s or 12s which have about as much cushion as I can find and I wear thick socks - changing to both of these got me from having this problem after two miles to now at about six miles.  While running the pain is not a problem this happens after I have stopped for a while.

What I was wanting to know if anyone else has had this sort of problem, did you do anything to make it better and did it help, also does it get better and go away as ones feet get more use to running?

Thanks

The Clydesdale Turtle .

My Blog is HERE   My DailyMile Profile is HERE   My Buckeye Outdoors Training Log is HERE

Every second and ounce counts  -  Keep the rubber side down!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...