Skip navigation

1311 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 3, 2010 9:28 AM by YungProdigy23 RSS
OLballer20 Expert 36 posts since
Jul 11, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 2, 2010 7:19 PM

Getting more aggressive

Im 15, a sophmore , 6'2 ,weigh 195 and have a good chance at varsity this year and would play backup SF and PF . i dont want to just be a young player that gets in on the blowouts but im having problems with my inside game. my coach wants me to be more agressive and go up strong. At the last open gym i got alot of rebounds and scored periodically in the paint. But i want to establish my inside game so i can be a beast in the hole along with my already established outside game. Any tips?

• Mongoos3 Amateur 5 posts since
    Sep 30, 2010
    1. Oct 3, 2010 8:29 AM (in response to OLballer20)
    Re: Getting more aggressive

I want you to remember this idea exactly. Basketball is 90% mental, 10% physical, all your teammates no matter what position appreciate someone who can get rebounds, effective in inside scoring and being aggresive on both sides of the court. There's a difference between playing tough and playing rough remember. You have to be an enforcer inside but at the same time, that doesn't mean that you can't be sportsmanlike. If you make a goal of being mentally tough and concentrate on all the physical aspects of bball (foot positions in the post etc) then there is no reason that you shouldn't get playing time on non-blowout games.

• YungProdigy23 Amateur 7 posts since
    Apr 17, 2010
    2. Oct 3, 2010 9:28 AM (in response to OLballer20)
    Re: Getting more aggressive

Mongoos is right, Tyler Hansbrough was considered one of the best forwards in college basketball simply because he worked harder than everyone else when it came to rebounding, players always hit him in the face trying to stay in the game because their coach got mad about how Hansbrough was outworking them for rebounds. Hansbrough's rebounding got him to the NBA

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points