Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

22807 Views 106 Replies Latest reply: Jan 14, 2011 12:05 AM by msmeg 1 2 3 ... 8 Previous Next
QueenKitty Pro 161 posts since
Jun 11, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 3, 2010 6:46 PM

Anybody else need a "do over"?  Let's restart C25K on 10/4/10!

I just finished PT sessions to recover from ITBS and knee issues.  I was at W6D2 and I have not run in 6 weeks.  So it's do over time.  Anybody else need to start fresh?

I am a 53 year old nana and I'm ready to hit the road.  I hope you will give it another start too.  Please join me!

Melinda

• gdsmit1 Legend 332 posts since
    Sep 20, 2010

Good luck with the start over.  And you should be very proud of yourself for starting up again.  Many people would be off for those 6 weeks and never start back up again.

Greg

Nike + id: gdsmit1

Graduated C25K: 26 December 2010

Upcoming races:

• AmyBear830 Amateur 9 posts since
    Oct 4, 2010

Hi Melinda!

I'm in!

Last time i tried C25K I gave up around week 3 because my shins were killing me. I want to get ready for the turkey trot... which gives me 8 weeks!

I'm far from a runner, but I'm motivated to get moving. Lets try this together

• magdalena5 Rookie 2 posts since
    Nov 17, 2009

good for you! so proud of a person like you that give us motivation with the courage you have.never it's to late to start all over.you are an exemple to me and I bet to a lot of people.start smooth to get back in the roads.

• cntrlaltdel Rookie 1 posts since
    Jan 30, 2009

I am in too--will finish week 1 tomorrow   My problem is i try to do too much to fast, then hurt myself, then give up....I am going to stick with it this time.

• AmyBear830 Amateur 9 posts since
    Oct 4, 2010

Sorry I went MIA- VERY busy week for me!! My body hurts, but not from running its from lack of sleep

I got W1D1 and W1D2 done last week, but then my week got out of control crazy busy and I haven't had the opportunity to run again. I'm going to do W1D3 done today and continue on from there

Great job, already at W3? That's amazing!

Good luck in your runs today all!

• Emi102506 Amateur 19 posts since
    Oct 11, 2010

I would love to join in.  I would guess you are at week 2 day 1?

Oops, I see you are on week 3 day 1.... I'll do that today and I'll be caught up.

Ok, I ran it on the treadmill since it's sprinkling here...I felt like I could have set something higher whether it was the incline or jogging speed, but I have to keep it slow!

WorkoutRound 1 Treadmill setting (2% incline)Round 2 Treadmill Setting (2% incline)

warm up

90sec jog4.55.0
    90sec walk3.53.5
    3min jog5.05.0
    3min walk3.53.0
  • Emi102506 Amateur 19 posts since
    Oct 11, 2010

thank you!  Yes, week three is fine.  I can run a bit, but it's not pretty and it's tough, so I thought by starting over and training the "right way" it would be a bit smoother and I would enjoy it more.

• shaedavis Rookie 4 posts since
    Oct 11, 2010

i am restarting the program for about the 3rd or 4th time today.  I have been telling myself for the last few weeks that I was going to get started but I am have been telling myself that because I have been so busy at work that when I get home I am too tired to go out and do 20 minutes of running/walking.  Then I guess you could say that I kind of got put in my place this past Saturday.  My DD is in Kindergarten.  She was asked to be in a running club at school about the second week after school started.  she stays after school 2 days a week for an hour.  On Saturday she went to a cross country meet and competed in a 1-mile run.  She finished it in 9 minutes and 12 sec.  I could not do that right now if I tried.  Her next competition is a 5K and the parents can do it with them.  If she can do that mile in that time and be 5 years old there is no reason that I can't do the 5K with her so here we GO!!  Yes I am also a VERY PROUD MAMA!!!

• shaedavis Rookie 4 posts since
    Oct 11, 2010

I think I got to Week 7 the other times and just got the I am too busy and "I can't" do it mentality.

I completed W1D1 last night so I am off!!!

• Mom2Max Rookie 6 posts since
    Aug 13, 2008

Hi Melinda!

Thanks for starting this thread.  I just started C25K on 10/7.  I did W1D3 yesterday and will do W2D1 tomorrow.  I'm using a C25K podcast which I find really helpful.

I've signed up for a 5K in December to give myself plenty of time.

Pam

Mom2Max

New runner

Started C25K on 10/7/10

Goal - Reindeer Romp 5K on 12/12/10

1 2 3 ... 8 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points