Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

2664 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 4, 2010 5:00 PM by RunRacheyRun RSS
RunRacheyRun Rookie 6 posts since
Jul 27, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 4, 2010 3:26 PM

Missed last long run before 1/2 next Sunday! What should I do?

Hello everyone! I need your expert advice!

I have been following a 12 week training program for a half-marathon (Hartford Oct 9th) running four times a week with shorter runs on monday/wednesday/friday and long runs on Sunday. This past weekend, I was scheduled to run 10 miles on Sunday which would have been my last long run before the race this coming Saturday. I was away for the weekend in Vermont and fighting off the sniffles and long story short...did not end up running. Do you think it is going to affect me on race day? This is my first half-marathon and I have been really 100% with the rest of my training. Should I squeeze that 10 miles in this week? I am already so nervous about the actual event and now this is making me worry that I have messed everything up missing this long run. My last long run was the previous Sunday and was 9 miles. My schedule should have been: sunday 10 miles  tuesday 2 miles thursday 2 miles and race day saturday.

any advice is much appreciated!

-Rachel

Hartford ING Half Marathon October 9th 2010   2:27:49   (first one!)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 7 points