Skip navigation

919 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2010 5:36 PM by KrisWheeler RSS
KrisWheeler Pro 97 posts since
Aug 31, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 19, 2010 5:56 PM

Taper madness setting in...

Hi everybody,

I have been a lurker here for quite a while and just wanted to check-in because I will be spending more time ruminating on my runs than running because I am officially in my tapering phase to the 2010 Marine Corps Marathon!

I have put in 568 miles towards this marathon; 100 more than my previous attempt so I am hoping for a good result. So many good things like being healthy and having good times in my last couple of twenty milers are making me optimistic, but I know that I am going to slowly drive myself crazy as weekly mileage will drop so low that I will have free time to doubt and bolster myself while reading and analyzing every race strategy out there.

Anywho. A conversation with people who know how I am feeling could be the distraction I need. Anyone else feeling the dreaded, "taper madness?"

Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.

~ Terry Pratchett, Men At Arms (1993)

• thefirecat Community Moderator 2,779 posts since
    Dec 14, 2007
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Oct 19, 2010 6:19 PM (in response to KrisWheeler)
    Re: Taper madness setting in...

Oh hellz yes. But fortunately (or not) it's currently counteracted by the stack of college composition papers I have to grade, the conference paper on Chaucer I have to write, and the comprehensive qualifying exam I have to write the week I get back from MCM and must therefore study for.  AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!

Yeah, it's not a pretty sight. Ask around. People here will tell you. I'm a red hot mess.

Tapir Madness:

tapir.jpg

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...