Skip navigation

2505 Views 14 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2010 5:14 PM by RichieC43 RSS
RichieC43 Amateur 9 posts since
Jul 13, 2009
Currently Being Moderated

Oct 18, 2010 10:55 AM

Canton Chargers 10U Tryouts

Our 1st tryout will be at Harmon Field in Canton GA on Sunday, October 24th at 1pm. We will have 4-6 tryouts in next month. If you are interested, you may e-mail or call me. Kids have to be no older than 10 years old on May 1st 2011. 9 year olds may try out for team as well.

If interested, you may e-mail me at director@wannaplaybaseball.com

or call me at 678-977-0254.

See ya there boys!

Wanna Play Baseball

• Lou_B Community Moderator 1,319 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    1. Oct 18, 2010 2:10 PM (in response to RichieC43)
    Re: Canton Chargers 10U Tryouts

Darn, I went through Canton last weekend on my way up and back to Blue Ridge from Atlanta (we recently bought a mountain cabin just outside Blue Ridge).

My wife, son, his wife, and my youngest grandson all made the trip.

From Blue Ridge we drove up to Tennessee to view the foliage on the Cherohala Skyway and visit the Bald River Waterfall - it was a beautiful dive.

Maybe next time we can arrange for one of your $75.00, 1 day 2 1/2 hour session for my grandson while we're up there.

Too bad you don't start until they are 3 years old!  We'll have to wait a little while - see you in 2012.  ;o)

• TheMouth__1 Legend 917 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    2. Oct 18, 2010 4:24 PM (in response to FTBA)

Lou, LOL, love the sarcasm.   TM

• Lou_B Community Moderator 1,319 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    3. Oct 18, 2010 4:35 PM (in response to TheMouth__1)

love the sarcasm, - what sarcasm !!!   ;o)

Well, at least the part about the cabin and trip to Tennessee was factual.

Maybe I went a little too far with the "see you in 2012"!!!

May 30, 2007
    4. Oct 18, 2010 4:48 PM (in response to Lou_B)

$75.00 for a 3 year old????  Does that come with a diaper change and nap time along with coloring book???  Go peddle your crap someplace else.     TM

• FTBA Pro 61 posts since
    Jul 28, 2009
    5. Oct 19, 2010 10:42 AM (in response to TheMouth__1)
  • TG. Legend 954 posts since
    Jul 25, 2007
    6. Oct 19, 2010 11:52 AM (in response to Lou_B)

The guy's stats are irrelevant. He was considered good enough to sign. It's further than most players go in the game. What really matters is if the guy has the ability to relate skills to little kids. He's trying to cash in on claiming he's a former pro. He's far from the first ex pro to make the attempt. Ole PT had our generation of sports parents in mind when he came up with his "sucker born every minute" comment. These guys are just trying to cash in on it.

I do like the following statement. It's one of the best statements I've seen on a program's website ...

"WPB trainers try to get the children  focused on taking their own initiative to take it upon themselves to practice their fundamentals on their own when not at camps, clinics or practices."

It means you can't buy talent. You have to pratice hard, and often. I've always had my negative views of parents spending a bunch of money on lessons for little kids. But at least this guy is also teaching work ethic not just the need for more paid lessons.

What does stand out is he doesn't instruct kids once they are teens. This may hint of limited ability of instruct or confidence to instruct at the higher skill levels.

I've always believed in most cases a preteen with any kind of athletic ability can learn a lot by dad watching training videos and then giving the kid a lot of reps. Paid lessons don't become a neccesity until some point in the teen years when it's noticeable the kid has some legitimate talent relative to having potential to play high school ball or further. My son took his first paid pitching lesson at fifteen and first paid hitting lesson at sixteen.

When it's all said and done Rich, you posted in the wrong area. You're spamming by posting on the discussion board.

• BlueBeak Legend 300 posts since
    Nov 26, 2002
    7. Oct 19, 2010 4:09 PM (in response to TG.)

Our 1st tryout will be at Harmon Field in Canton GA on Sunday, August 24th at 1pm.</b>

Errrr, August 24th? In my world it is now October. This post was posted Oct 18th. What am I missing?

I will lump this guy in with HENRY and also your bat salesman on this site. They're all self serving ego/cash maniacs.

Don- I don't mean to push you off the soapbox, I'm just sayin....

Time wounds all heels.....

May 30, 2007
    8. Oct 19, 2010 4:56 PM (in response to FTBA)

Gee Blue, I thought TG was running for office this November....LOL    TM

• Chalkline Legend 543 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    9. Oct 19, 2010 5:04 PM (in response to TheMouth__1)
  • TG. Legend 954 posts since
    Jul 25, 2007
    10. Oct 20, 2010 8:51 AM (in response to Chalkline)

"I thought TG was running for office this November"

A few years ago some people approached me about running for town council. Their pitch was with my heavy participation in the youth sports program I was a very visible candidate. Local elections are about visibility and name recognition.

I told them I didn't have a chance in hell of winning because I've never been shy about expressing my opinions. Everyone I know knew exactly what was on my mind. Politicians can't win by being up front.

Jul 28, 2009
    12. Oct 21, 2010 10:45 AM (in response to TG.)

My apologies, then.

Just bad luck that your name is the same as someone who just got to smell the coffee brewing.

Now, if your name had been Lance or Rheal...

Jul 28, 2009
    13. Oct 21, 2010 10:58 AM (in response to RichieC43)

It's a moot point in the current scenario, but:

When some player with stats like his namesake (8 games with three different teams, one an indy and only 18 defensive chances) tries to become a coach, it's usually one of two situations:

1) The guy has nothing else going on, so he's in to make a quick buck.

2)He truly believes that since HE was a PROFESSIONAL player, he can coach, too. (And he'll tell that to anyone who'll listen.)

Rarely, it'll be that the player loves being around the game and is just trying to give a little back. At least, that was my experience with these kind of players when I was in the academy business.

PS - The Rich Cormier who was in the pros was not drafted. More than likely he either impressed someone or other at an open try-out or was allowed to suit-up because of his (uncle, brother, dad)'s connection.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...