Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

1914 Views 35 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2007 9:01 AM by Dervin 1 2 3 Previous Next
hahaoya Rookie 199 posts since
Oct 29, 2004
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 20, 2007 11:50 AM

Speaking of parenting challenges...

Lately, when I lay the smack down with my daughter (I'm kidding, I don't smack her around...), she retaliates now.  It's either, "I hate you!  I don't want you to be my mommy!" or "I'm going to go live with XYZ!".

Many years ago I read that you ought to NEVER tell them "I hate you, too! Good riddance! I can't wait for you to leave!" or "I don't want to be your mommy anyway!" I calmly say, "I am very sad to hear that because I love you very much and will miss you a lot"...

This is normal for a 4 year-old, right? My duaghter isn't looking at a life of crime, right? We always apologize (but I stay strong on what it was she was rebelling/fighting about), and hug and kiss. I do say, "That hurt my feelings. I love you very much and I would be very sad to not be your mommy anymore."

I know I handled it right (and I didn't even have to ask the CH for answers...HAH!!!), but I'm hoping this is normal, and not a sign of...something.

1 2 3 Previous Next

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...