Skip navigation
Community: Exchange advice in the forums and read running commentary Resources: Personal running log, calculators, links and other tools for runners News: Running news from around the world Training: Articles and advice about fitness, race training and injury prevention Races/Results: Find upcoming races and past results Home: The Cool Running homepage
Cool Running homepage  Search Cool Running Community

485 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2007 3:47 AM by Iontach
xBarry31 Rookie 98 posts since
Dec 14, 2007
Currently Being Moderated

Nov 25, 2007 1:27 PM

A year ago today...

My mom passed away after a prolonged illness.

At 1PM we took her off life support and sat around her bed in the hospital waiting for the inevitable. We held her hand and told stories and laughed and cried and cussed and told more stories. When she finally passed away we jsut sat there, stunned. It was not peaceful, as many people suggest. Even though she was on extremely large doses of something to take all the pain away, she struggled to breath for a long time and then suddenly she stopped trying. Awful.

The image I remember most is how tiny she looked in the hospital bed. If you knew her, when she was healthy, she was larger than life in every way.

It took about 6 hours. Seems like 600 now looking back on it.

I'm thankful she is no longer suffering. At the same time, she is missed terribly.

Here she is, with us, December 2005.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...