Skip navigation

1258 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 28, 2010 10:10 AM by rhughes18 RSS
ccanes Pro 75 posts since
Apr 15, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 26, 2010 10:33 AM

Inteference?

FEDR. High school game, bases loaded, one out. R2 has lead off the bag and F6 playing near 2B due to a left handed pull hitter. Batter hits line drive a little off the 2B to the 3B side. R2 (we will call him STUPID) decides to raise his hand when ball is hit to try to "confuse" F6. DM comes out and wants interference called, batter out and runners return. IMO the line drive was not playable so play went on. I gave OM, and player a warning of unsportsmanlike conduct and if it reoccurs=ejection. What do you guys think

• rhughes18 Pro 114 posts since
    Feb 18, 2001
    Currently Being Moderated
    1. Jul 28, 2010 10:10 AM (in response to ccanes)
    Re: Inteference?

Since the act was unmistakeably intentional then calling interference would be an easy sell.

Since you judged the ball was not playable it must have been too high or too far for F6 to reach with his best jump or fastest run, then the runner's arms would not have impeded F6's view or play on the ball.  No call would be a sellable call in this action as well.

Be careful when judging a player's ability to make a play on the ball and always give the benefit of the doubt to the fielder when this type of action ocurrs.

I am not sure why you would warn the OM in this case unless you believed he taught or told his runner to do this.

Unless the rules specify warning the Manager I would have only given the player a warning.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...