Skip navigation

NEED HELP?|

2681 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Sep 9, 2010 12:15 PM by TheMouth__1
DaHeadCoach Rookie 2 posts since
Aug 22, 2010
Currently Being Moderated

Aug 22, 2010 8:15 AM

Runner's interference?

Sent to me by a buddy of mine - anyone know the ruling for this? Interesting, regardless of the correct rule...

Runners on second & third, one out. Batter dribbles a grounder which is fielded and thrown to first just nipping the batter. 1st baseman throws home, runner is safe, runner from second advances to third.

The batter, thinking she beat the throw starts for second, the catcher throws down & original runner from second scores. Umps originally rule that both runs score, bases now empty, two outs. Change ruling to 'runner interference' for attempting to advance after being called out, make the second runner return to third, and there are two outs.

• bobjenkins Pro 120 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    1. Aug 22, 2010 1:17 PM (in response to DaHeadCoach)
    Re: Runner's interference?

It's discussed on the OBR/LL side of the board.

• ROUNDING_3RD Expert 57 posts since
    Jun 6, 2008
    2. Sep 3, 2010 1:51 PM (in response to bobjenkins)

Bob I respect your opinion, but you can see this guy is not as seasoned as you and monay others here.

I almost posted last night how I had done this a few months back and got a similiar response from another guy.  Last night the same long time poster guy was posting on threads about the BESR BBCOR NCAA NFHS discussions that have been posted just a couple days prior on other board.  Noone said jack to him..  I thought, oh maybe preferential treatment to the "old timers"

• bobjenkins Pro 120 posts since
    May 25, 2007
    3. Sep 4, 2010 8:19 AM (in response to ROUNDING_3RD)

"Bob I respect your opinion, but you can see this guy is not as seasoned as you and monay others here."

The point was to guide him to the discussion already taking place so he could get the answers.  It was not to chastise him for posting in the wrong area or for makng a duplicate post.

• TheMouth__1 Legend 917 posts since
    May 30, 2007
    4. Sep 9, 2010 12:15 PM (in response to bobjenkins)

Bob, dont get upset, I got blasted too a few weeks ago, when I tried to direct a relatively new poster to a post already being discussed in the other forum. TM  

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...